Npower Woes - Billing me for the old meter

Options
niceguyed
niceguyed Posts: 328 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Hiya,

Anyone been through this or can offer advice would be much appreciated.
Was with Powergen on heatwise went to Npower in May 06 who were cheaper and said offered heatwise.

In Nov 06 had a meter exchange with a new E7 meter put in by Npower as me and partner thought this would be cheaper.

In Dec 06 realised our boiler was optimised for Heatwise. Eventually transfered back to Powergen in Mar 07 onto E7 and have just had new heatwise meter re-installed (you learn from your mistakes right ;) ).

Anyway. Npower sent a final bill in April (£56) that related to our original Powergen heatwise meter not the E7 meter with a random set of readings. The final readings had D next to them rather than E or C for estimated or customer. It seems that when Npower (or Eon) changed the meter in Nov 06the Mpan wasn't registered and final readings were not given to them even though the guy who changed the meter had these. I had the foresight to take down all the final readings from the old heatwise meter. I rang Npower in April and explained the situation and that I expected to be billed with the old heatwise meter upto when it was changed in Nov for new E7 meter. Then to be billed from Nov with the 0 readings on the installed E7 meter meter to the final meter readings given by Powergen and myself. I gave them all the readings they needed. Since then I've received two bill reminders even though they said they'd put something on the account to stop this while they sorted their mess out. I escalulated this as a complaint but they never called back. Apparently it is all in the hands of manual billing but I was promised a phonecall tomorrow (the guy did sound like he knew what was happening and what to do). However, I get the feeling that as per usual with Npower it will just drag. If I hear nothing I was going to go to Energywatch but does anyone know the situation when they are trying to bill upto Mar 07 for a meter that was un-installed in Nov 06?

Many thanks

Niceguyed

Comments

• olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    YOU DON'T PAY IT.

Contact the company concerned in writing. Telling them what happened and state they have 20 days to contact you with a correct bill otherwise you will inform energywatch.

Then contact energywatch.

That way you stop them threatening you with debt collection agencies.

I've recently had this problem with my gas meter, gas supplied by BG, and strangely threatening them with energywatch has got me a bill.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    not exactly the same problem, but a !!!!-up from NPOWER. They fitted a credit meter in march 2007, when my first bill arrived, it had the details of my old metre (pre payment). I telephoned the 24 hour meter reading number, was transferred because of a computer blip, and tranasferred again. Although NPOWER put the new meter in almost three months ago, there records showed i had a prepayment meter, had to agree for someone to read my new meter, that npower put in, crazy eh!!
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • niceguyed
    niceguyed Posts: 328 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the replies so far. Well I phoned them originally in mid April reg this and my complaint (with ref number) was last week so if I don't hear anything tomorrow when the latest representative agreed to call I will go through energy watch. Since mid April they've had all the readings and meter serial numbers they need yet still cannot manage to bill me accurately in a reasonable time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure