I have CCJ against company but the debt hasn't been paid

Options
123457»

Comments

• Sjm8421
    Options
    Been through a very similar thing ourselves. This is a copy of the email I sent to MSE. Any help or comments greatly appreciated. Thinking of going down the county court route.

I have a question regarding the the government money claim online. We have been through the process to try and get £3000 pounds back that was stolen from us by a builder. The money was paid via bank transfer for fitted windows and doors, as soon as the money was transferred our builder disappeared and wouldn’t return calls, messages and emails.

He has been issued with a warrant and bailiffs have tracked him down. All done via the government website. When they approach his property he hides inside until the bailiffs leave. They have been 3 times and say there is nothing more than can do.

We can been given a number of a private bayliff company that seem very professional and slightly more forceful? ( for want of a better term). They will take our case on for around £500.

Is there anything in your opinion I haven’t thought of before I proceed. I will never give up trying to get this money back as it was left to us by my mother in law. It seems the system has failed us. We have suffered financially from this in more ways than one. The builder was converting a building in our garden to a dog grooming parlour for my wife’s new business. This has set us back 9 months. The 9 months loss of earnings and the £3000 have really hurt us financially.

We are really desperate and would appreciate any help at all in what to do next. Can we claim for loss of earnings?
  • da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sjm8421 wrote: »
    Been through a very similar thing ourselves. This is a copy of the email I sent to MSE. Any help or comments greatly appreciated. Thinking of going down the county court route.

I have a question regarding the the government money claim online. We have been through the process to try and get £3000 pounds back that was stolen from us by a builder. The money was paid via bank transfer for fitted windows and doors, as soon as the money was transferred our builder disappeared and wouldn’t return calls, messages and emails.

He has been issued with a warrant and bailiffs have tracked him down. All done via the government website. When they approach his property he hides inside until the bailiffs leave. They have been 3 times and say there is nothing more than can do.

We can been given a number of a private bayliff company that seem very professional and slightly more forceful? ( for want of a better term). They will take our case on for around £500.

Is there anything in your opinion I haven’t thought of before I proceed. I will never give up trying to get this money back as it was left to us by my mother in law. It seems the system has failed us. We have suffered financially from this in more ways than one. The builder was converting a building in our garden to a dog grooming parlour for my wife’s new business. This has set us back 9 months. The 9 months loss of earnings and the £3000 have really hurt us financially.

We are really desperate and would appreciate any help at all in what to do next. Can we claim for loss of earnings?

You should really have started your own thread. However, have you used the County Court bailiffs or the High Court enforcement officers? As you claim is over £600 you can elevate it to the High Court (costs £66). They are much more forceful and thorough than the County Court bailiffs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure