MSE Blog: Can my wallet go digital?

Hi all, this is a thread to discuss the MSE blog:
Can my wallet go digital?
"My wallet is bursting. Not with cash, but with cards...

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• This would be very useful as I don't carry all my cards as there are too many. I just take them as needed apart from the main ones.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    It'd be very useful if the mobile phone manufacturers agreed on an industry wide standard.

For example Nokia and select Android phones have NFC whereas Apple have Passbook.

If they could agree on how best to take it forward and adopt it I feel it could revolutionise the market.

If Apple have no intention of using NFC in their iDevices then UK retailers need to take on Passbook.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    20aday wrote: »
    It'd be very useful if the mobile phone manufacturers agreed on an industry wide standard.

For example Nokia and select Android phones have NFC whereas Apple have Passbook.

If they could agree on how best to take it forward and adopt it I feel it could revolutionise the market.

If Apple have no intention of using NFC in their iDevices then UK retailers need to take on Passbook.

Check out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO8vpmXTYeM - Very interesting concept but wouldn't work here in the UK as our chip card magnetic stripes don't allow this on chip card readers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure