Atos again!

Atos have made a decision about my ESA,well a recommendation but they refuse to part with that information over the phone.

Rang income support in case they knew anything but they do not,they said it is a new ESA claim been set up and there is no real information on the computer about which group I am in but they will get someone to ring us between now and tomorrow.

Found a number for ESA,they said no decision yet and I still have a live income support claim,i am stuck,what on earth could be going on? I can't cope anymore.

Comments

• These things do take time. You will still be paid the IS rate until it is all sorted out and you should stay on that as transitional protection is in place.
    As to which group - you will find out in due course, but as you will be on income related ESA, then the 365 day rule if you got into the WRAG group would not matter per say. That only applies to contributuions based ESA. Hopefully it will be support group.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I've recently had a 'medical' at Atos and received 0 points. I went for advice and have put in an appeal which i understand can take quite some time but hopefully while i'm waiting i'll still be able to claim benefits. I'm yet to hear.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • ATOS are not permitted to give you the information you want over the phone. You will have to wait until you hear from the DWP.
  • SailorSam wrote: »
    I've recently had a 'medical' at Atos and received 0 points. I went for advice and have put in an appeal which i understand can take quite some time but hopefully while i'm waiting i'll still be able to claim benefits. I'm yet to hear.

You had a work capability assessment, not a medical. If you submitted a fit note with your appeal you should receive ESA at the assessment rate whilst your appeal is being considered.
  • Some one is going to ring back,income support said ATOS could tell us their recommendation but I now know they cannot do that.

ESA said ATOS can't tell us that and that income support should not have said they could,ESA say someone will ring soon.

ATOS said they sent their report to ESA on the 9th,we will have to wait and see,if I am guessing I guess ESA have not yet made their decision.
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    S
    ATOS said they sent their report to ESA on the 9th,we will have to wait and see,if I am guessing I guess ESA have not yet made their decision.

Request a copy of the medical report to be posted to you from ESA over the phone.
    They will not be able to give you the answer over the phone.
  • ESA just called us back,they have not come to their own decision yet but said that ATOS have said I should be put in the support group for 18 months,they cannot give me a timeline on how long the ESA decision will take though.

They said they generally only go against ATOS if they feel that when they look at the claim there are major differences.

I do not know if they will agree with ATOS or where I will be,i do not know if they will agree with ATOS,i pray they do,my condition is long term and worsening but 18 months respite would be like a gift from god right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure