BT SmartTalk new terms?

Options
Does anyone have information about the meaning of the wording in the revised terms email which refers to Smarttalk and the 60 minutes of free calls mentioned.
I have not tried to speak to anyone in BT as yet.

Thanks

Comments

• Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 22 October 2013 at 5:37AM
    Options
    Basically they are offering 60 minutes of free calls that would normally be chargeable per month throughout 2014 for BT SmartTalk customers.

Each user (up to a maximum of 5) registered against your BT SmartTalk account will get the first 60 minutes of chargeable calls they make using the BT SmartTalk service free. Unused monthly allowance cannot be carried over to the following month or transferred between users on a single account. Value of free calls for each user will be shown on the account holder's bill and total value will be applied as a discount. BT reserves the right to end the offer at any time, including before the published end date.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=35287
  • JohnM5206
    JohnM5206 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for that....I was a bit puzzled because I use this against my home account which is Anytime.
    I, having read this, am thinking that all the difficult 084x, non inclusive numbers will now be free from the smarttalk app so should not be dialled from home phone.
  • JohnM5206
    Options
    And BT have duly charged for calls made to 0843 numbers using Smarttalk.
    I have had a discussion about the "legal bit" of the smarttalk offer terms which simply offers the first 60 minutes of chargeable calls free, the wording is:
    "International, Premium (09) and Personal (070) calls require an opt-in but are not included in this offer. "
    A refund has been made and they are sending the terms for further consideration since they thought that such calls as I made should not be included....but they concede that they are not specifically excluded.
    Keep an eye on the website for any subtle changes to these terms.
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up i just checked my a/c and i see they are trying to charge me for three 0843 calls made through my smart call app. I am on the case.

Just added another mobile and got a letter yesterday saying it included 0871 calls so if it includes the dearer 0871 why not 0843.
  • JohnM5206
    Options
    and now they have moved the goalposts:
    In conversation with complaints about this month charges on the smart talk app and the terms are now:

"Offer includes calls to UK local and national numbers, calls to UK mobiles, and calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers. Other 08 numbers, International (00), Premium (09) and Personal (070) numbers are not included in this offer."

which is what i suspect they meant to publish in the first instance - sloppy drafting!
    Since I have not been advised of this change to the terms which we (are we the only two to make use of this invitation to call?) signed up to I have asked them to stand by the original terms.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure