Redundancy & sickness advice

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Redundancy & Redundancy Planning
2 replies 612 views
squelchy69squelchy69 Forumite
109 Posts
Hello all

I found out yesterday that I am being made redundant as of 21st February 2014.

I am fine with this but concerned at whether I am able to take any sick leave in between now and that time.

I have heard that any sick leave will be added on to the leaving date. I have googled to try and confirm but not had any luck.

I am not planning on having any sick leave but worried as I have several health issues and had a life saving operation last year that could possibly be required again at very short notice.

Any advice would he hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies

• Takeaway_AddictTakeaway_Addict Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    squelchy69 wrote: »
    Hello all

I found out yesterday that I am being made redundant as of 21st February 2014.

I am fine with this but concerned at whether I am able to take any sick leave in between now and that time.

I have heard that any sick leave will be added on to the leaving date. I have googled to try and confirm but not had any luck.

I am not planning on having any sick leave but worried as I have several health issues and had a life saving operation last year that could possibly be required again at very short notice.

Any advice would he hugely appreciated.

Thanks.
    Have you asked the company or did you hear it on the grapevine?
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • I heard from a fellow member if staff who took redundancy at the last round that occurred last year.
    She had the same concerns and was advised that all sick leave had to be workef at the end of the notice period.
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals