Best credit card to get after bankruptcy

Options
13»

Comments

• wiseshark
    wiseshark Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    It was far easier to get credit in the past. Everything has toughened up . Look back 20 years ago at what was reported to the CRA and look at what is reported today.

Back then no utility companies reported, cash advances on credit cards not reported, credit limit increases not reported, promotional deals, etc. etc.

Now job applicants are vetted, letting agents do the same. You can't even break wind without the CRA knowing. Times have changed and people need to be aware of this and how they behave financially. It will cost them, but then again some people just don't care and they are the ones I despise.
    You may question anything I say. Just be polite, otherwise you go straight on to my Ignore List, which funds a good old fashioned knees-up every Xmas. Cheers;)
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    wiseshark wrote: »
    It was far easier to get credit in the past. Everything has toughened up . Look back 20 years ago at what was reported to the CRA and look at what is reported today.

Back then no utility companies reported, cash advances on credit cards not reported, credit limit increases not reported, promotional deals, etc. etc.

Now job applicants are vetted, letting agents do the same. You can't even break wind without the CRA knowing. Times have changed and people need to be aware of this and how they behave financially. It will cost them, but then again some people just don't care and they are the ones I despise.

Agreed.

I've always said genuine people who go Bankrupt shouldn't be categorised in the same group as those who spend spend spend knowing fully they're not going to pay back or attempt to pay back what they've borrowed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure