RBS card and direct debit question

Options
My RBS card offered me 6 month interest free on purchases which expires on 31/10/13. I have the money sat offsetting my mortgage to clear it in full on 30th. I have a direct debit set up to meet the minimum payment each month. My question is if I pay it in full on 30/10/2013 will they also take the direct debit on 4/11/13 rendering the card in a £90 positive balance? The Virgin card I used to have always took the direct debit even if other payments had been made but have had other cards which didn't. Does anyone know what the RBS policy is?

Comments

• redpete
    redpete Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think they do still take the DD but the best way to be sure is to call RBS and ask them.
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry I don't have an RBS card. However every card I do have tells me its policy on this either on the statement (usually) or the website (otherwise).
  • splatt30
    splatt30 Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My statements are online so can't see the back even on the pdf version. Will have another look at the website.
  • NowRetired
    Options
    Could you not pay the balance less the DD amount?
    Getting forgetful, if you think I've asked this before I probably have. :rotfl:
  • splatt30
    splatt30 Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I could but then I will have to pay an (all be it small amount of interest) & I don't normally use the card so don't really want a positive balance or rolling interest issue.

Thinking of cancelling the direct debit mandate tonight and then paying in full on 30th.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure