Nationwide Flexclusive Saver 5

Options

Comments

• sleeponit
    Options
    Gromitt wrote: »
    It probably makes sense to be honest. Why would Nationwide decide to bring out a market leading savings account? Saying that though, I see that my Flexclusive Regular Saver has just changed into "Flexclusive Saver 5", making no mention its issue 5, so I've just moved my entire contents of my Loyalty Saver (1.9%) into it. I know it's only 0.1% extra, but considering its a 2-click transfer, might as well.

I expect it to last a few months before dropping the interest rate and having to move it all back again.

1.9% Loyalty Saver, are you sure? 1.7% is what I am getting and I have been with them for over 30 years.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    wellfan wrote: »
    1.9% Loyalty Saver, are you sure? 1.7% is what I am getting and I have been with them for over 30 years.

If you opened the account last year when Issue 1 was released (ie, on or before 15/11/12), then you would be getting 2.1% now.

If you opened the account on or after 3rd July this year then the maximum you can get is 1.7%.
  • iggis
    Options
    My Loyalty Saver has just reduced to 1.7% so I will shift the contents into the Flexclusive Saver 5 at 2%, unless anyone has any better advice without locking the cash in for years.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nothing better on the instant access front if you already maxed all the 3, 4 and 5% current accounts.
  • MoneySaverLog
    Options
    Who's offering 4% ?
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Who's offering 4% ?

Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Who's offering 4% ?

Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks
  • Gromitt
    Options
    and don't forget the Nationwide 2.5% regular saver. Just move between £500 and £1000 per month to get the 2.5% rate.
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    Not move.
    Increase the fund by that amount.
    Not the same as these current account where you can just move money in and out.
  • Gromitt
    Options
    le_loup wrote: »
    Not move.
    Increase the fund by that amount.
    Not the same as these current account where you can just move money in and out.

I meant move it from the Flexclusive Saver 5 and into the Regular Saver.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure