We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Spectrum Game help please?

Hi I have sorted out my old Spectrum games to sell on Ebay.
Most are worth just a few £'s

However, there is one game that I can't find any record of not even on Ebay, and was wondering if anyone else knew of it ...

Spectrum 48 k
Lothlorien (makers?)
Masters of Serebal (title)
by Keith Hunter

Adventuremaster
One of a series of great adventure games

tia

dx

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post Part of the Furniture
    Never heard of it myself, but have come across one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sinclair-ZX-Spectrum-Masters-of-Serebal-by-Lothlorien-Clam-Case-/170950455905?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item27cd70f261

I now have the urge to dig out my Spectrum!
  • xxdeebeexx
    xxdeebeexx Posts: 1,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    mije1983 wrote: »
    Never heard of it myself, but have come across one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sinclair-ZX-Spectrum-Masters-of-Serebal-by-Lothlorien-Clam-Case-/170950455905?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item27cd70f261

I now have the urge to dig out my Spectrum!

Oh WOW ! well done!
    I have spent ages looking for a mention of it somewhere!

I wanted an idea of a starting price for it. I sort of guessed that it must be quite rare because I couldn't find it.

Thank you so much

dx
  • The seller's name 'The Attic Bug' of course refers to Jet Set Willy which had a bug which meant the game could never be completed.

Not sure I should be proud or sad that I remember that :cool:
  • xxdeebeexx
    The seller's name 'The Attic Bug' of course refers to Jet Set Willy which had a bug which meant the game could never be completed.

Not sure I should be proud or sad that I remember that :cool:

Ha ha ha

It has certainly brought back the memories.....

dx
  • Mista_C
    Mista_C Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    There's an entry for it on World of Spectrum if it's information you're after...

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0003064
  • xxdeebeexx
    Mista_C wrote: »
    There's an entry for it on World of Spectrum if it's information you're after...

Thanks...
    I took a look at some of the screen shots on the page you linked to .. the graphics are ..well... basic!

I used to be so impressed with these games.....

thanks for taking the time to post.

dx
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper Second Anniversary
    Mista_C wrote: »

I love that they've even got the original magazine trailers, that is very impressive.

It is a shame in a way you can't explain to the younger generation how great games were at the time as now they look ridiculously basic and of course there were the long loading times assuming you could even get the game to load.

John
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post Part of the Furniture
    Johnmcl7 wrote: »
    the long loading times assuming you could even get the game to load.

John

Ah yes the good old loading screens and the annoying screeches. Nothing more frustrating than it crashing right before the end of the tape!

th?id=H.4870618644744380&pid=15.1
  • burnleymik
    burnleymik Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker First Post
    Ahhh those were the days!

Yie-Ar-Kung-Fu!
    A smile costs nothing, but gives a lot.
    It enriches those who receive it without making poorer those who give it.
    A smile takes only a moment, but the memory of it can last forever.
  • Sparhawke
    Sparhawke Posts: 1,420 Forumite
    edited 18 October 2013 at 9:13AM
    Johnmcl7 wrote: »
    I love that they've even got the original magazine trailers, that is very impressive.

It is a shame in a way you can't explain to the younger generation how great games were at the time as now they look ridiculously basic and of course there were the long loading times assuming you could even get the game to load.

John

You have no idea some of the arguments I have had John lol

Back then it was all about the gameplay and coming up with so many new types that there weren't enough hours in the day, fast forward 30 years and you get the same game year in year out, FIFA ad infinitum :p

People these days have no idea that games were by and large so much better then, and you actually knew who wrote a game and they had their own following, anyone remember David Braben? lol

Getting back to what the original poster said though, I have never heard of that game mentioned, and I did like some fairly obscure ones for instance does anyone remember the pyramid game or that jousting one?

Pyramid

Joust
    "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck" - The Doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.