IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

reply from 'aldi customer services' re PE

2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi, still no response from either PE, Aldi or the PR company. I contacted PE last Thursday and used the Facebook Aldi customer services to complain again on Sat. It is 2 1/2 weeks since I e-mailed Aldi customer services direct. It is a week since I gave the PR company my phone number. What is likely to happen once the 28 days passes from the initial pcn? Are they just ignoring me so they can try to charge me for initiating court proceedings? Thanks

PE have 35 days to respond anyway. But chase up the complaint - their silence gives you even more reason to complaint about Aldi's uncaring attitude.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have noticed the Local Aldi has gone from packed to empty in a month.
    The message must be getting through that you can not even trust this parking firm if you follow the rules on the sign.
    It is like the old days, 3 or 4 cars at once, it has gone from people queuing for a space back to the desolate shop it was years ago.
    If that was the plan, to manage the car park, it is working a treat, most people appear to be solving the serious parking crisis Aldi have by parking at the Morrisons and shopping there where they have no scammers (for now) .
    Be happy...;)
  • spacey2012 wrote: »
    If that was the plan, to manage the car park, it is working a treat, most people appear to be solving the serious parking crisis Aldi have by parking at the Morrisons and shopping there where they have no scammers (for now) .

Careful, I am currently in the process of fighting against Morrisons who employ the extortion racket called PE against an unjust overstay!
    This is my *anonymous* account on MSE Forums - I post under a different username normally.
  • Update - Have just received an e-mail from PE confirming the parking charge has been cancelled!!
    Thank you so much for your help and support, it is really appreciated.
  • Coupon-mad
    Well done! Have added your success for posterity here on the sticky thread, as the 9th recent Aldi complaint win:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

HTH
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    jeanraffio wrote: »
    Careful, I am currently in the process of fighting against Morrisons who employ the extortion racket called PE against an unjust overstay!

Well the reason Morrisons have no scammers is they forgot to obtain planing permission for the cameras and there was a right of way over the land.
    They are more than one way to skin a cat, I have turned my attentions to Aldi as of this week who according to my search have made NO planning applications for the camera towers in England.
    Perhaps they would like to correct this :eek:
    The deadline for retrospective planning expired... er, years ago. :rotfl:
    Be happy...;)
  • Congratulations on getting the charge cancelled - well done for not just rolling over.

I'm intrigued by the fact your initial reply came from a PR firm. Perhaps regular posters know better but I've not heard of that happening before - suggests Aldi are alive to the fact PE's antics are starting to damage their image.

I understand if you want to put the issue to bed but have you considered flagging this up to your local paper? It might not come to anything but given the average age of local paper audiences is quite high (ie the same law-abiding demographic who might unquestioningly pay a PPC when they can ill-afford to), it could be worth a go, in the hope of raising a bit of awareness in the - and I hate to generalise - less web-savvy quarters of the Great British Public.

GB
  • Congratulations on getting the charge cancelled - well done for not just rolling over.

I'm intrigued by the fact your initial reply came from a PR firm. Perhaps regular posters know better but I've not heard of that happening before - suggests Aldi are alive to the fact PE's antics are starting to damage their image.

GB

I found this link which may explain it:

http://www.holmesreport.com/news-info/11895/Aldi-Expands-Global-Social-Media-Push-With-Weber-Shandwick.aspx:)
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    spacey2012 wrote: »

My local Morrisons has CP Plus. In fact, the only local supermarket that has no infestation is Waitrose.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • Coupon-mad
    Congratulations on getting the charge cancelled - well done for not just rolling over.

I understand if you want to put the issue to bed but have you considered flagging this up to your local paper? It might not come to anything but given the average age of local paper audiences is quite high (ie the same law-abiding demographic who might unquestioningly pay a PPC when they can ill-afford to), it could be worth a go, in the hope of raising a bit of awareness in the - and I hate to generalise - less web-savvy quarters of the Great British Public.

GB

I got the same response when I sent a complaint to Aldi for my cousin's PE fake ticket in September. They wanted a phone number. I declined and anyway got it cancelled as there was a receipt.

PE need to butt out - have you seen on pepipoo (username something like 'parking torist') they have even sent a demand in bad German, to the owner of a German car which 'overstayed' while in the UK? Sent it out to him in Germany?!

Not content with ripping off other firms' paying customers, their parasitical ways are now extending to the continent. And yet their tickets say on the back 'PE will only respond to appeals in English'...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure