S75 CCA Claim to Credit Card co

Hi,

I entered into a contract to buy a bifold door with a limited company.

Initial deposit of £200 paid over telephone on my credit card. One further payment paid by credit transfer from my bank account, final payment paid by credit transfer from my husband's bank account. Husband is a credit card holder but I am account holder.

Door has not arrived. Director of company is stating he never received my money from the sales person! Sales person claims Director has had money. Director of Ltd company with whom I have contract will accept no liability or responsibility!!!!

I've applied to my credit card provider, MNBA, under S75 of CCA, for them to refund the full amount, including payment made by my husband.

Q1. Will my husbands payment be covered?
Q2. Any idea how long these claims take to resolve?

Many thanks

Comments

• Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    So you made three staged payments for the goods by two different methods, and the firm says it received none of them? That does stretch believability that none of them reached the required destination.

What does the CC statement say the merchant name is? If this is the Ltd Co, then you are covered without question. What contract do you have with the director? If he maintains no payment was made, then what paperwork do you have?

If the sales person says you paid then this too proves your case. However, to move things on you really need to bite the bullet and demand delivery in 21 days or your money back. If this does not materialise, a MoneyClaim for the full amount is the least complicated way forward.
  • CC statement shows payment to Company. Cash transfers went to a bank account of company (according to my bank)

I have a contract with company.

Sorry to ask but when you say money claim do you mean via courts?

Thank you
  • ChopperST
    ChopperST Posts: 1,257
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If my understanding is correct the card company is jointly and severally liable for the whole amount of the goods purchased.

You don't necessarily have to go direct to the company you can go straight to the card provider as you paid over the £100 limit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure