McAfee Family Safety - Uninstall Problems

Options
GunJack
GunJack Posts: 11,680 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
Guys,
has anyone had any experience of being able to remove this piece of carp off a system once installed?? It's the first time I've come across it and in typical mcrapee stylee its complete tosh and I'm sure it's the root cause of the problems the lappy is having.

The owner gave me the user/pw he was given, which don't work, he's been onto bt support, they can't help, and every which way is thwarted by the user/pw :mad: It was installed as part of the sw provided when he signed up to infinity, but knowing how bad mcafee support is, only want to go there as a last last resort.....
......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D

Comments

• debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,859 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • dogmaryxx
    dogmaryxx Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
  • GunJack
    Options
    thanks guys, but they won't do it - removal tool still brings up the login screen and revo uninstaller still runs the program;s uninstaller first.... funny enough they were my first two options for trying to get shut :mad: it's one of those bl00dy annoying progs that you can't do ANYTHING to 'coz it's protected itself :(

looks like I'll have to get the owner to contact McAfee support....don't envy them at all

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • dogmaryxx
    Options
    If you want to change your administrator password, please
    contact our support team on 0800 111 4567

How to uninstall McAfee Family Protection
    Click on get uninstall code . You’ll need your administrator
    username and password .

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/consumerProducts/pdf/BT_Family_Protection_userguide.pdf
  • GunJack
    Options
    dogmaryxx wrote: »
    If you want to change your administrator password, please
    contact our support team on 0800 111 4567

How to uninstall McAfee Family Protection
    Click on get uninstall code . You’ll need your administrator
    username and password .

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/consumerProducts/pdf/BT_Family_Protection_userguide.pdf

thx, I knew that bit, but will have to get the owner to call them... this was the bit I was trying to avoid because they're not techie and it'll take me longer to fix the lappy :(

• dogmaryxx
    Options
    Only other guide I can find is this one. See Page 9.

Over and Out.:D
  • GunJack
    Options
    Quick update - found the correct username, owner then supplied correct password, result - mcafee family protection now safely removed, inc removal tool and revo to get shut of the dregs. Finished the other stuff off and lappy returned :D

• debitcardmayhem
    Options
    GunJack wrote: »
    Quick update - found the correct username, owner then supplied correct password, result - mcafee family protection now safely removed, inc removal tool and revo to get shut of the dregs. Finished the other stuff off and lappy returned :D
    Good news but....
    I am waiting for my "friend" to return from his hols to re-install his system yet again 3 weeks(since the last time) in sunny climes and he has burgered it up again, needless I am well happy but I think I will install McAcRappee Family Safety and change his user name to not have admin rights
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • GunJack
    Options
    NNOOOOO!!!!!!! don't do it !!! Just give him a non-admin user account, and keep the admin account for yourself with a password he'll never guess :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure