Copy or cheaper versions of spirits and liqueurs?

Options
2»

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Haven't tried it myself yet but I'm told that the Austin's (Aldi Pimms equivalent) is good. Don't suppose you'd notice by the time you've added lemonade and a harvest festival!
  • fionajbanana
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Haven't tried it myself yet but I'm told that the Austin's (Aldi Pimms equivalent) is good. Don't suppose you'd notice by the time you've added lemonade and a harvest festival!

It's nice. Get a bottle. You can do a Mulled Pimms for the winter. Get a mulled wine 'teabag' - Schwartz do them go the herbs and spices rack in supermarkets.
  • hgotsparkle
    hgotsparkle Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    Options
    Aldi's version of Malibu - takes just like Malibu and about £10 cheaper!I really need to get some Amaretto and Baileys for Christmas so will be sampling Aldi's versions
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    It's nice. Get a bottle. You can do a Mulled Pimms for the winter. Get a mulled wine 'teabag' - Schwartz do them go the herbs and spices rack in supermarkets.

I'd recommend you buy it quickly, as our local store classes Austins as a seasonal buy and only sells it in summer!!

Just as porridge is a seasonal buy and they only sell it in winter!!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport