Barclaycard v Lloyds (TSB)

Options
hi all,

i recently moved house, and sold my flat for less than what was owed on the mortgage. as part of this sale, i had to owe the mortgage company £3000

the mortgage company passed this on to a debt collection agency - who offered me the chance to pay a full and final settlement of £1600 - bonus i thought!! so i accepted that offer and went on my way to find ways to find £1600

i had a TSB Credit card that I had paid off, and although it doesnt allow me to withdraw cash - it was offering a 0% Balance Transfer. So I thought, I can transfer money from my TSB card to Barclaycard and withdraw the money from there. The fees involved etc were obviously miles less than the £1400 i would be saving.

So i went online (26/8/13) and initiated the transfer, on 27/8/13, i logged in online and checked to make sure it had went through - the funds were showing as was the transfer fee. I called Barclaycard and apparently they knew nothing of the transfer i had made. I have since called everyday and they are unable to tell me anything. I have logged a complaint and Im being told, they have 40 days to reply.

Both companies continue to blame each other, and i am continually pushed from pillar to post although TSB seem to be more open and willing to try and help than what Barclaycard do. Barclaycard have contacted TSB, (29/8/13) advised it was going to be rejected and said they were going to transfer the funds back to TSB - this has not happened. Yet Barclaycard are still trying to blame TSB and telling me to ask them to recall the transfer. TSB are saying they do not understand this because Barclaycard themselves have asked for the details of where to send it back to

In the meantime - i have now lost the oppurtunity to save £1400 and I also need to start paying TSB the money i have "borrowed" even though I have never seen the money

(I hope i have covered most things)
Can someone please please please help me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure