We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Twitter Account Being Compromised

For the third time in a week, I've had an email telling me that my password has been reset because Twitter believe that my account has been compromised by a website or service not associated with Twitter.

The emails are genuine but I was wondering what could be causing this? The only apps I have associated with Twitter are Competwition, Amazon and Pinterest and I haven't used any other websites with my Twitter details.

Could it be possible that someone is reporting me for spam? I only have companies and other compers on my Twitter account.

Is anyone else getting this?

Thank you.
2019 Wins
1/25

£2019 in 2019
£10/£2019

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.