Dispatch Within 1 Working Day Of Cleared Payment

Options
Just sold an item and advertised it as dispatch within 1 working day of cleared payment, can't get item ready for postage until Wednesday.

Just wondering what people's views are - do you take a working day as being 9 to 5 so that the clock starts ticking from tomorrow and they expect it to be dispatched Wednesday (that's how we're thinking) but on hindsight is it 1 working day from this evening??

Advertised to send it Parcel Force 48 so can always send Parcel Force 24 and they will receive the same time as if it had been dispatched tomorrow

Comments

• martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think I would assume that you would pack and send it tomorrow if I had read that. I would assume that you meant an order received on Saturday would be sent on Monday as Sunday would not be a working day, otherwise it would be dealt with during 9 - 5 on the next working day.

It would be best to upgrade it to a 24h service as you suggest.
  • BOBBIs_MUMMY
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    I think I would assume that you would pack and send it tomorrow if I had read that. I would assume that you meant an order received on Saturday would be sent on Monday as Sunday would not be a working day, otherwise it would be dealt with during 9 - 5 on the next working day.

It would be best to upgrade it to a 24h service as you suggest.

Thanks for that.

Think we will have to give this some thought as majority of our parcels go My Hermes which are advertised as within 1 working day dispatch but their cut off point for booking collection is 10pm
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for that.

Think we will have to give this some thought as majority of our parcels go My Hermes which are advertised as within 1 working day dispatch but their cut off point for booking collection is 10pm

don't understand this bit - it is you the seller who define how quickly you can or want to dispatch the goods. No point putting yourself under presuure to pack and book on the same day as sale, just select the 2 days or 3 days to despatch option. Hermes quote IIRC 3 to 5 days delivery time so buyer shouldn't be expecting delivery quickly..
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • campdave
    campdave Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Options
    Ebay's delivery estimates for one working day are based on calendar days, so for anything sold up to midnight on Monday, it expects you to post on Tuesday.

Crazy, but that's how it works.
  • BOBBIs_MUMMY
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    don't understand this bit - it is you the seller who define how quickly you can or want to dispatch the goods. No point putting yourself under presuure to pack and book on the same day as sale, just select the 2 days or 3 days to despatch option. Hermes quote IIRC 3 to 5 days delivery time so buyer shouldn't be expecting delivery quickly..

We're a business seller and if we dispatch within 1 working day, offer express delivery, 14 days return, free postage.........the list goes on we save 15% off the Final Value Fee though now giving it some logical thinking and changing our way to thoughts to the ebay working day ie 24 hrs wonder if it is worth it for the bigger items!!
  • BOBBIs_MUMMY
    Options
    campdave wrote: »
    Ebay's delivery estimates for one working day are based on calendar days, so for anything sold up to midnight on Monday, it expects you to post on Tuesday.

Crazy, but that's how it works.

Thanks for that. Will need to give it some thought then. We are lucky we have 2 fantastic My Hermes workers who collect from us who will take parcels from us even if they are booked to be collected on the following day as cut off point for booking collection is 10pm so means we can get round the within 1 working day that way, if not I could always drop parcels off at the parcel shop. Though begin to wonder if the 15% saving on the fees is worth all the hassle!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure