Mortgage Works

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
5 replies 529 views
WMikeWMike Forumite
29 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
Hello Guys,

I was wondering, if any of you had any experience with Buy to Let lender called " The Mortgage Works"

I made an application via broker in mid July 2013 and to be honest with you the mortgage offer is yet to made.

Although they done survey pretty much straightaway. They then asked the proof of deposit which we provided. Then we were asked for the source of funds we provided....2 weeks after we provided the information they came back and stated they do not seem to have documents which we sent (Despite they confirmed in writing previously that they had received them).

Now they are saying they have huge backlog...............

What do you suggest? Have you had such experience? As my seller may pull the plug in which case I had it.

Replies

• GMSGMS Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you a first time landlord?

What has your broker said?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • WMikeWMike Forumite
    29 Posts
    GMS,

Thanks for your question. I own multiple properties but I have not bought new property since 2007.

My broker is agitated as I am.
  • edited 1 October 2013 at 1:19AM
    aggypanthusaggypanthus Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    edited 1 October 2013 at 1:19AM
    sorry error!
  • Hi I know this is supposed to be a reply but I've not done this before and not sure how to post a question so I hope this gets to the right people.

Me and my husband are looking at buying a property which is about 25% commercial (a shop) and 75% residential, we will be living in the residential part but I will be using the shop for a new business and my husband will be keeping his current job. The problem is do we need a residential mortgage or a commercial one, after reading many sites on the internet it seems we would need a commercial one but a regulated commercial one, can anybody explain what that is and where we would get one from. We have a 20% deposit. Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciate as I feel like I am going around in circles and getting even more confused and the mortgage providers don't seem to help much.

Thanks in advance for any responses x
  • MR Magoo
    If you go back to the main page of this section, you will see a blue box on the right which says new thread, click that, then post your own question. That way more people will see it .
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals