IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Notice to Keeper...

Options
Hello & forgive me for yet another PCN thread but I'm confuzzled by all the info in the different threads (it's easily done) :rotfl:

Hubby used my car & overstayed in Bangor North Wales Aldi car park for 23 minutes. He didn't actually go into the Aldi.

I've had a parking charge notice from parking eye today, dated 27/9 charging me £70 (£40 if I pay up now) if I don't tell them who was driving etc etc etc on 24/9/13.

I know there are a lot of threads on here about what to do, the first step being to appeal to Aldi but he didn't go into Aldi and so has no receipt from them. Can I still appeal against this extortionate charge or do I just have to pay up? :(

Thanks in advance from this long term-lurker.

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Of course you can appeal this. But there is a process to follow.

Umkomaas has explained the process on post #8 here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=63301790&highlight=#post63301790

It is an excellent guide.

So your first step is to go on to Aldi Facebook page and you will see that they advise contacting their customer services. Worth trying.

But at the same time you send a soft appeal to the PPC saying that you are the keeper but the driver didn't see the signs and you conclude that they were not compliant with the BPA Code of Practice. You hope they agree and cancel the ticket but if not, please send a POPLA code by return.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=83749&st=0&gopid=874216

Same advice as you will see on every single thread here and on pepipoo forum. Appeal and complain - are you a regular Aldi shopper with other receipts even though on this day you've lost it and paid cash...?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • rubbish_at_usernames
    Options
    :) Thanks. I'll get on it after work tonight
  • rubbish_at_usernames
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

Same advice as you will see on every single thread here and on pepipoo forum. Appeal and complain - are you a regular Aldi shopper with other receipts even though on this day you've lost it and paid cash...?

Yes, that's EXACTLY what happened ;)
  • FatAndy
    FatAndy Posts: 7,541 Forumite
    Options
    A colleague in work recently got a scam invoice for parking at Aldi in Bangor so I advised him to contact their Facebook site. It looks like his invoice will be cancelled, although he had shopped there and had a bank statement to prove it.

I'm a bit surprised though that anyone still goes to this particular Aldi. Parking Lie have been issuing tickets like confetti there for at least five years so I'm sure every genuine customer must have had one by now. You'd think given that there's a Lidl not all that far away they'd be a bit more welcoming to any potential customers.
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk
  • We've only lived in the area a few months Fat Andy, but we'll be sure to never go there again. I contacted Aldi, they said (Rachel I think her name was) said unless we can provide evidence he shopped there, they wouldn't cancel it, so I wrote to parking eye and now am the proud owner of a popla code. Would any of you kind souls be willing to help me compile a decent appeal please?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Link below shows what to include in a POPLA appeal:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62180281&posted=1

HTH and go to town with it! :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    We've only lived in the area a few months Fat Andy, but we'll be sure to never go there again. I contacted Aldi, they said (Rachel I think her name was) said unless we can provide evidence he shopped there, they wouldn't cancel it, so I wrote to parking eye and now am the proud owner of a popla code. Would any of you kind souls be willing to help me compile a decent appeal please?

You will have to do a good bit of this yourself, but here are some of the key points you will need to bone up on and use in your POPLA appeal.

1. No genuine pre-estimate of losses - the killer at the moment, no POPLA appeal should be without one of these!
    2. Signage not complying with the BPA CoP
    3. Contract between landowner/retailer (or whoever) and the PPC - ask POPLA to put the PPC to strict proof to produce an unredacted and contemporaneous copy of the contract (they most likely can't or won't, and you'll win).
    4. No proprietary interest in the land, so therefore unable to enter a contract with the motorist
    5. The charge is punitive and therefore a penalty and therefore unenforceable

as well as any deficiency in them meeting PoFA and/or any other CoP requirements.

Read the POPLA Decisions sticky here (especially those decisions from the past couple of months)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=4488337

Draft your appeal - use copy and paste from others - but make sure you understand the points, that they relate to your circumstances and flex them a bit to suit and fit with your writing style, particularly if you're going to pick and mix from different posts. Post up a copy here and we'll help you fine tune it.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport