Anxious wait after 'best and final offer'

We saw a house over the weekend (along with about 40 other prospective buyers) that we really liked. The vendors are after a quick sale so they set a deadline of 6pm today for 'best and final offers'. We spent most of the weekend doing all sorts of research on the property/road (crime maps, flood maps, asking/sold prices, a late night visit to see how the road feels in the dark on a saturday night, checked out what work has been done on neighbouring properties - because if we buy it we'll want to build an extension- etc, etc). We decided we wanted to make and offer and I've just clicked send on the email to the agent. I'm now a bit tied up in knots waiting for the response and the deadline hasn't even gone yet!

Just curious about other people's experiences of submitting a 'best and final offer' on a property - how long after the deadline did you hear back? Anyone been successful? (obviously some people are, but anyone here!) I'd love to hear stories...bit of a distraction while I wait!

Also, would you call the agent to confirm they've received the email? or do you think they'll send a confirmation back? I realised after I clicked send that I hadn't asked for any confirmation and think maybe I should have just in case is doesn't get through?

I'm not sure I'm cut out for the stress of buying a house! I wish you could just order a house off amazon...find one you like, a couple of clicks and it's yours.

ETA: I have no idea how this ended up on the mortgage free wannabe board - I meant to post it on the house buying board!
Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals