We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
unsure about 0% purchase
paulinetc
Posts: 14 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hi there,
I was thinking of getting a 0% purchase card to pay off some of my existing debt e.g. Next Directory account and other catalogues. If I go online and pay off these accounts using my new credit card, will they count as new purchases and qualify for 0% interest?
Thanks
I was thinking of getting a 0% purchase card to pay off some of my existing debt e.g. Next Directory account and other catalogues. If I go online and pay off these accounts using my new credit card, will they count as new purchases and qualify for 0% interest?
Thanks
0
Comments
-
You can do this with Next and this does count as a purchase.
Don't know about other catalogues, but if they take CC payments it's likely to be the same.0 -
Thank you!
I thought this was the case, but wanted to double check before I went paying off these accounts online.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards