Advice needed car bought on Hire Purchase

13»

Comments

• iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    kb_soma wrote: »
    Just to update you all, CarCraft agreed to take the car back.

Thanks for all of your advice.

Excellent result, and surprising. Carcraft are often called 'carshaft' on these boards, but perhaps that is unfair.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • kb_soma
    kb_soma Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Excellent result, and surprising. Carcraft are often called 'carshaft' on these boards, but perhaps that is unfair.

It wasn't an easy fight to get them to take the car back, luckily the doctor agreed to provide evidence to back the case up on the mental health issue.

We returned the car on Saturday and funnily enough, no one in CarCraft knew what was going on with the case; although we were informed that the store manager knew all about it. He didn't. They did also try to sell us another car when we were there.

OH says that the lady in head office was very helpful and compassionate, and it turns out (although I was told otherwise, several times by customer service in CarCraft) that CarCraft do have a returns policy, they just don't advertise it, or tell you about it. We are very lucky that the Office of Fair Trading gave me the right advice.
    LBM: NOVEMBER 2011 || debt free date:30/06/15 || The Fighting Debt Army: #442 || Frugal Living Challenge 2018 || January 2018 Grocery £1.22/£100 ||
  • vassa
    vassa Posts: 288 Forumite
    Find whatever relevant act deals with the return of goods and see what it says. Eg, if some act somewhere says 'Businesses must accept a return of goods within 14 days for any reason' then they have to accept a return. I don't know if there is, or what law it would be, but google should be able to help you out on it :)

EDIT, ignore me. Well done :) Now don't ever EVER buy anything on HP!! Save up.
  • kb_soma
    kb_soma Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Thanks vassa.

There will be no HP for me... I'm 2 years into a DMP and plan to get rid of that debt...
    LBM: NOVEMBER 2011 || debt free date:30/06/15 || The Fighting Debt Army: #442 || Frugal Living Challenge 2018 || January 2018 Grocery £1.22/£100 ||
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure