Advice needed car bought on Hire Purchase

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Loans
24 replies 2.6K views
kb_somakb_soma Forumite
269 Posts
Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Loans
Hi All,

Newbie here, I need some advice please,

Last Sunday 22/09/13, my OH (other half) bought a car on Hire Purchase and we cannot afford the payments back.

I have contacted CarCraft to let them know that we cannot afford this and do not want the car, they are telling me that they have no returns policy and that we have to keep the car.

I have contacted the finance company who have said that they want to know when they will expect to receive the full payment of the loan.

Please would anyone be able to offer advice about how I get CarCraft to take the car back and pay back the finance company? I have written to all companies involved and they would have received written notification within 7 days of the purchase.

I'm not sure if this is worth noting, but when OH bought the car he did not have his identification on him, but showed photographs of the documents, can we use this as a 'false sale' stance?

Thanks in advance!
LBM: NOVEMBER 2011 || debt free date:30/06/15 || The Fighting Debt Army: #442 || Frugal Living Challenge 2018 || January 2018 Grocery £1.22/£100 ||

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals