WARNING Keenplay.com

I have been a bit silly and signed up for a 5 day free trial with Keenplay.com.
Anyway I didn't like it so tried to cancel just now after 3 days - the woman on the helpline claims there is a technical problem so I can't cancel and to cancel online costs me £1.
I know its not much but the site is rubbish and the whole thing seems a total scam.
My fault for not researching it but thought i'd warn others and vent - argh, am hoping they don't charge me anything else.
K

Comments

• googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What have they charged you? It's a free trial, isn't it?
  • rey_12
    rey_12 Posts: 17 Forumite
    googler wrote: »
    What have they charged you? It's a free trial, isn't it?

Yeah I agree, If it's a free trial, Why would you pay??
  • i have also been silly enough to sign up for a 5 day trail,they charged me 99p to start off with and this was 6th november and now today which is the 11th they charged me 11.56 and made me overdrawn,i have cancelled the whole pile of rubbish now and trying to get the money back,dont know if i will be successful,but im going to be giving it a dam good try....
  • kaytee14c wrote: »
    I have been a bit silly and signed up for a 5 day free trial with Keenplay.com.
    Anyway I didn't like it so tried to cancel just now after 3 days - the woman on the helpline claims there is a technical problem so I can't cancel and to cancel online costs me £1.
    I know its not much but the site is rubbish and the whole thing seems a total scam.
    My fault for not researching it but thought i'd warn others and vent - argh, am hoping they don't charge me anything else.
    K

i have also been silly enough to sign up for a 5 day trail,they charged me 99p to start off with and this was 6th november and now today which is the 11th they charged me 11.56 and made me overdrawn,i have cancelled the whole pile of rubbish now and trying to get the money back,dont know if i will be successful,but im going to be giving it a dam good try....
  • Hello folks,

I signed up for a free trial account with Keenplay.com, and soon found myself cruising for all sorts of extra charges, and unable to access the book I was after in any case. As you'll no doubt have discovered, it's very difficult to find an email address to contact them in order to cancel the account, and I wouldn't want to touch the phone number they give...

I eventually found [EMAIL="info@keenplay.com"]info@keenplay.com[/EMAIL] buried in the Ts&Cs (which is actually the address my membership confirmation came from when I signed up). I replied to my initial confirmation email to ask quite clearly that I be unsubscribed from all of their services and any billing information be removed from their database. To their credit, I got an email back within minutes confirming that my membership had been cancelled and the $1 they had apparently already charged me (?!) had been refunded.

Hopefully, that's that, and if you don't hear from me again then you can assume it all worked. I'll certainly post an update here if it doesn't, though!

Good luck to anyone else who's stumbled into this!
  • Same here! While on holiday and looking for a site to watch a certain programme, this - and other - site came up and I must have signed up for the free trial (and I did with a couple of others). They - and the others - weren't any good, so I cancelled subscription to all of them pretty much within minutes.

I've just noticed now, on my credit card statements, they've been charging me £11.95 for months! Obviously my fault for not checking my statements more thoroughly (I just pay in full every month) so I have now emailed them to cancel with immediate effect and also requested a refund. I doubt it will be straightforward but it won't stop my trying!
  • Silveralice
    Silveralice Posts: 93 Forumite
    just a quick note to add that I found this thread just now when discovering the same problem on my bank statement (stupid me) - they are now called Donnaplay instead. My experience was just like Grubgrubber - I emailed them and they replied at once and said they cancelled it. Assuming they do, it's at least easier to get out of than some of these scams, although I am really angry I didn't check my statements better sooner. Be warned!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure