Halifax & FOS

Back in May I received a letter from the FOS saying they upheld my complaint and they await Halifax response within eight weeks. Halifax didn't respond and I received another letter ten weeks later saying they will continue to push Halifax for a response and ultimately FOS could make final decision. Surely there should be a time limit put on this and if the FOS upheld initially why would they need to make another decision especially if the bank didn't do as FOS asked.

Comments

• sava05
    sava05 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Hello allybally1963, I had a similar problem with the Halifax but to be fair if Halifax already sent FOS a letter of an offer for you it could be that the FOS had a back log to process all the letters that the Banks sent to go through. I would contact the CEO of Halifax to be sure if they have sent out the letter to the FOS and see what they respond to. I e-mailed the CEO regarding my case and they were utmost helpful and quick to resolve the issue and said they ( Halifax ) sent the letter out weeks ago to the FOS and was waiting for the FOS to respond. After chasing the FOS they apologised to me for the delay. If Halifax already sent out the letter of an offer to the FOS, I would chase them up as its been unacceptable for you to wait so long.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure