We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Argos Store Card- Tiny limit increases

I received a letter from Argos stating you "deserve a higher credit limit" and "that will make sure you can get everything you want, when you want."

The card was not easy to get, I appealed when initially rejected and they overturned their earlier decision and gave me a small limit of £200 which I was happy with. I do have plenty of credit elsewhere and good history.

They wrote to me in June and increased the limit from £200 to £240.

I received a letter today stating they are going to increase my limit in a month time to £290.

Is it their normal policy to give low limits and tiny increases?

Comments

  • PDF
    PDF Posts: 179 Forumite
    It's all to do with your personal circumstances and their mystery credit scoring. I just applied for one to get a new washing machine on 0% for 12 months. Was surprised when they gave a limit of £1200.

    Several things affect the limits....too much avail credit may just be one thing?? (As you've said that you have plenty of credit elsewhere)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.