Is this normal

Options
2»

Comments

• easygoingchap
    Options
    An examiner is probably the person you have been talking to. It's very rare that you speak to an actual official receiver. They just over see the office and sign off on things that are presented to them. There is also usually an assistant official receiver as well. So if you have a cause to complain on how your case has been handled and can't resolve it with the examiner then you write to the assistant OR and then escalate it if needs be.

Mistersauve, as you are on a negative SoA then there will be no IPA. The usual rule of thumb is if they don't tell you then you haven't got one. They don't seem to like to tell you what their not going to do.

Ahhr that makes sense thanks,

I speak with a Mr X or his ( less than able ) assistant Ms Y but formal letters signed by Mr Z
  • mistersauve
    mistersauve Posts: 55 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2013 at 9:09PM
    Options
    An examiner is probably the person you have been talking to. It's very rare that you speak to an actual official receiver. They just over see the office and sign off on things that are presented to them. There is also usually an assistant official receiver as well. So if you have a cause to complain on how your case has been handled and can't resolve it with the examiner then you write to the assistant OR and then escalate it if needs be.

That's the way I figured it too. I did not speak with the Official Receiver, I spoke with an Examiner. After the telephone interview I was told I'd be communicating with a caseworker who will immediately send me some forms I MUST complete promptly .... and that's just how it's been...for me.

..Mistersauve, as you are on a negative SoA then there will be no IPA. The usual rule of thumb is if they don't tell you then you haven't got one. They don't seem to like to tell you what their not going to do.

Thanks for that..makes me feel a little better. I've been telling my wife about all the living expenses we'll (she'll) have to cut down on.
    Is it normal that there's no discussion/negotiation on the amounts I put against the individual items....?
    Thanks to all for a great forum.....certainly a big help.....especially as I thought the OR would guide me through.....
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    If the examiner thinks that what you have put down is reasonable then no, there is no discussion on the subject.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 September 2013 at 9:11PM
    Options
    What's an examiner ? I only speak with one guy and he is the or - will we be cross examined ? Sorry for sounding so thick

Each IS office has a head honcho - the OR themselves - one OR may even cover a group of IS offices and from what I can work out, they don't often deal with the 'small fry' like us. The person who phones you for the interview is probably one of the other staff at the IS office who has been allocated your case. Mine introduced herself as the OR's Examiner for interview and it was her who 'examined' my case - if you look at Fermi's BR abbreviations post you will see that we all use the term OR to mean any staff working in the OR's office. I usually speak to another lady who is a 'Case Clerk' when I phone to ask a question or call in to drop off paperwork etc (their office is just round the corner from mine)
    No cross examination though thank goodness :eek:
  • mistersauve
    Options
    If the examiner thinks that what you have put down is reasonable then no, there is no discussion on the subject.

Thank you tigerfeet for taking the time to respond.
    I do appreciate it.
    I'll sleep a little easier tonight.....it's true.
    It's been playing on my mind. As I said I'm just a contributor to the housekeeping budget, as my wife is the breadwinner.

Thanks again
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    It's no problem my sweet. I know it's such a roller coaster of a time right now.

Anyway talking of sleep, I'd better crawl into bed as its gone midnight here and I'm sure to be jumped on by children at some ungodly hour in the morning.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills