Is this normal

Options
It's been a month now since BR day.

The OR told me back then it would be about 8 weeks before they got around to contacting my creditors.
After I asked some questions about that I was told that if I wish then I have permission to send a copy of my BR order to them.
Which I did.......in the hope of calming down the expected onslaught.....but......
It's almost as if nobody had my letter and BR copy delivered. I still continue to get letters every day telling me that I haven't made payments right up to informing me that defaults will be lodged against me and collections agencies will be in touch.
It's spooking me a bit. Some of the nasitier one have been forwarded to the OR
Oddly, I haven't heard anything from the OR at all, other than a phone call about being allowed to keep my car (which I taxed today...just in time too)
Is this normal ??
When can I expect the OR to consider an IPA, I'm still on tenterhooks and hoping I won't get one.

Comments

• TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 September 2013 at 8:05PM
    Options
    Hi - My experience was a bit different - I didn't really have many creditors chasing me as had been just about making all the min payments on time so by the time they realised I wasn't paying, the OR had written to them but all my utility companies knew within days (even though I hadn't included them) and wrote to me very quickly saying any outstanding balances were cleared - the banks were pretty quick off the mark too (turned off internet banking etc within a few days) it was a DCA that was the last to get the info and to be fair, when I got a call from them I just told them I was BR, gave them the court ref number, they apologised for bothering me and I haven't heard form the them since!
    It took nearly 3 mths for the IPA agreement (a NT code for me) to arrive for me to sign. It seems its just down to each OR how they do it maybe?
    Perhaps Fermmi has a template letter you could use?
    Are you expecting an IPA? My OR told me at the end of the interview that it was likely I would just have a NT IPA - you should have had some ida from your SOA if you had any 'surplus'?
  • easygoingchap
    Options
    3 months going in 4 for us. Dca still in contact . Attachment of earnings still being taken ( which the or said he would get stopped by end if July but it came out every month since inc today - payday), agreed Iva but income tax still not stopped. It's all very messy
  • mistersauve
    Options
    ...Are you expecting an IPA? My OR told me at the end of the interview that it was likely I would just have a NT IPA - you should have had some ida from your SOA if you had any 'surplus'?

I'm not expecting one, but nothing has been intimated one way or another.
    I currently unemployed, but do receive a couple of small occupational pensions. My wife is the main breadwinner and I just contribute what I can (not much to date)
    My SOA indicated a negative outcome.
    I was however allowed to keep the car. It was jointly owned with my wife and worth much less than £500.

We both just feel a little unsettled about no knowing.
    We'll need to cut down somewhere just to stay even, but have no idea how my SOA was viewed and where the OR might say no more of that.....

My SOA showed a shortfall of about £70 per month.

But at least I'll no longer need to use my CC's after monthly payments just to keep afloat :)
  • mistersauve
    Options
    3 months going in 4 for us. Dca still in contact . Attachment of earnings still being taken ( which the or said he would get stopped by end if July but it came out every month since inc today - payday), agreed Iva but income tax still not stopped. It's all very messy

Oh dear, that does sound messy. Does that mean the OR's office is not being helpful or what ??

Sorry about your situation, sounds horrible
  • easygoingchap
    Options
    Oh dear, that does sound messy. Does that mean the OR's office is not being helpful or what ??

Sorry about your situation, sounds horrible

Rang today but he wasn't there ( away for a week so course or vacation I guess) told to write in with copy of pay slip - again as have done same every month. Hoping it will be taken off our IPAs as at the moment it is going into a black hole .
  • TheGardener
    Options
    I would suggest that you will not get an IPA - if the OR agreed your SOA was in the negative - perhaps the OR just assumes you know that. I would just call or email the OR's office and ask them - like you say, its the not knowing that's unsettling.
  • TheGardener
    Options
    Rang today but he wasn't there ( away for a week so course or vacation I guess) told to write in with copy of pay slip - again as have done same every month. Hoping it will be taken off our IPAs as at the moment it is going into a black hole .

Gosh - My OR and examiner are beginning to look like a well oiled machine!
  • easygoingchap
    easygoingchap Posts: 150 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2013 at 8:41PM
    Options
    Gosh - My OR and examiner are beginning to look like a well oiled machine!

What's an examiner ? I only speak with one guy and he is the or - will we be cross examined ? Sorry for sounding so thick
  • mistersauve
    Options
    ... like you say, its the not knowing that's unsettling.

Yes, exactly.
    I'll do as you suggest and get an e-mail off to my allocated caseworker. Feel uneasy about prodding the sleeping beast, but really need to know what our budgets are going to be.
    We thought it wouldn't be too tough to claw back the £70 deficit, but it's looking to become a major challenge.... hey ho
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    What's an examiner ? I only speak with one guy and he is the or - will we be cross examined ? Sorry for sounding so thick

An examiner is probably the person you have been talking to. It's very rare that you speak to an actual official receiver. They just over see the office and sign off on things that are presented to them. There is also usually an assistant official receiver as well. So if you have a cause to complain on how your case has been handled and can't resolve it with the examiner then you write to the assistant OR and then escalate it if needs be.

Mistersauve, as you are on a negative SoA then there will be no IPA. The usual rule of thumb is if they don't tell you then you haven't got one. They don't seem to like to tell you what their not going to do.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills