Calls from 01656 672900 Talk Talk

Options
Been with Talk Talk 3 months and the Broadband has packed in twice already last time for 2 weeks and both times their equipment at the exchange (at the bottom of the road) was at fault . Now I am getting 2 calls a day from this number trying to get me to upgrade to TV packages etc. They have been told to stop this but they keep on coming. I have lodged a complaint with TPS. Talk Talk are just an absolute nightmare that will not end (well not until my 12 month contract is up) Anyone else getting daily calls from Talk Talk?

Comments

• mickW_2
    mickW_2 Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I checked my account and my marketing preferences were NOT to have any calls from Talk Talk or other companies so they have no excuse. Go with Talk Talk at your PERIL. Cheap but a load of hassle.
    mickW wrote: »
    Been with Talk Talk 3 months and the Broadband has packed in twice already last time for 2 weeks and both times their equipment at the exchange (at the bottom of the road) was at fault . Now I am getting 2 calls a day from this number trying to get me to upgrade to TV packages etc. They have been told to stop this but they keep on coming. I have lodged a complaint with TPS. Talk Talk are just an absolute nightmare that will not end (well not until my 12 month contract is up) Anyone else getting daily calls from Talk Talk?
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    We used to get these, it took may complaints with the CEO's office for them to mainly stop.
    His assistant assured is even she gets them from time to time!
  • uncertain09
    Options
    Since I changed from 02 due to them selling out to sky .I went to TalkTalk every day since my change over I get calls from 01630 and 00160 even one from *0501 then no other number .Ive had callers with foreign accents telling me my pc is acting suspicious or my anti virus programe needs upgrading & I should buy from them or just call & not speak when I answer? No one only my Family have my phone number I am ex directory yet every day sometimes 4 times a day I am getting these calls?? Makes me wonder have o2 sold my details on to these nuisence companies??
  • dannny_2
    Options
    I got talktalk to send my mother a letter stating that if they breached the no-calls and no-junk mail again then my mother could consider the contract breached and walk without penalty.

Calls and junk mail ceased.

They can do it, they just don't want to.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Since I changed from 02 due to them selling out to sky .I went to TalkTalk every day since my change over I get calls from 01630 and 00160 even one from *0501 then no other number .Ive had callers with foreign accents telling me my pc is acting suspicious or my anti virus programe needs upgrading & I should buy from them or just call & not speak when I answer? No one only my Family have my phone number I am ex directory yet every day sometimes 4 times a day I am getting these calls?? Makes me wonder have o2 sold my details on to these nuisence companies??

They are just using random diallers...these "virus warning" companies are just one big s.c.a.m - now if I happen to answer the phone to one of these (I don't normally answer during the day -use 1471 or pick up the message from our ansaphone) I'll tell them that they are thru to the South Wales Police Fraud Squad - ends the call instantly!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure