British Airways American Express® Premium Plus Card Referral?

Options
Biting the bullet after only having the AMEX Gold card for the last 2 years, and being totally unaware of the 2-4-1 offer on the BA Plus card. 10k spend isnt an issue and I feel stupid for missing out on the companion voucher for the last 2 years! Live and learn...

So, who wants to refer me so that we both beneift with free Avios? :)

Comments

• InsideInsurance
    Options
    Happy to refer you but you can refer yourself from your Gold card and get both sets of points yourself (never heard of anyone being caught by Amex for doing it)
  • Mattyb4
    Options
    I appreciate your honesty. You would think you need to be referred from the same card type rather than just any of the range. :)
  • Mattyb4
    Options
    Hmm it seems I can only make a referral to Gold, Platinum or Green charge cards. Not the CCs. Something wrong with that?
  • OllyM
    OllyM Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    You can't refer yourself if you only have a charge card - BA Amex referrals have to be from a BA Amex card holder.

I can refer you for the BA Amex but you'd probably be better off using a cashback website - Quidco is offering £45 for an application at the moment and you only lose 1,000 Avios doing it this way.
  • Mattyb4
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!

You will not be eligible for any Welcome Bonus award if you currently hold or have held any Avios enrolled American Express Card in the past six months

So because I have both personal and business AMEX Gold Charge Cards I will not receive the 18k bonus avios?
  • InsideInsurance
    Options
    No, the AmEx Gold card earns MR points not Avios
  • Mattyb4
    Options
    Application submitted through topcashback! Time to earn a companion voucher! Thanks for all the great advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure