We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Miss sold Two hotel room

laptop123
laptop123 Posts: 5 Forumite
Hi can anyone advise me, after a day out with our kids we decided to stay in a hotel on the way home my wife booked two rooms at days inn hotel nr Southampton, we booked over the phone and quoted us £50 per room after arriving and after signing for our keys we was told that the rooms were now £100 each as there was a big sailing exhibition down in Southampton(which we had not been told) and we would not/cannot pay this amount for the rooms? and as we didn't cancel before 16:00 they have taken the payment from us:( we phoned the bank and if the hotel can prove we stayed there there's nothing they can do but we didn't stay we drove off discusted unfortunately for us we signed for the keys before being told they had put the prices up PLEASE advise:mad:

Comments

• purcel
    purcel Posts: 1,561 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper Part of the Furniture I won, I won, I won!
    email days inn and complain? as far as i know they are pretty good at dealing with complaints
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    You need to clarify who you were given the price by - Central Booking or the hotel itself. If the former, their price stands and needs to be billed by the hotel. You accepted their offer of 2 x £50 and made the booking. If they refuse, a Small Claim for the refund of your overpayment of £100 and costs is easy to do.

Write to the place you booked with (phone the same number to explain and ask their address). Then give 28 days to refund. This will be your formal 'Letter Before Action'.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,148 Community Admin
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Reminds me of the year 1999. Hubby and I had separated and he was trying to get me back.

Money was no object. He'd arranged for someone to have the kids and talked me into going away for a long weekend with him to sort out our marriage. As far as I was concerned, as much that could be sorted whilst the kids weren't around was a good idea.

He booked this lush hotel in St. Ives, Cornwall. It overlooked the sea and was stunning. Until we went into our room. He hadn't been working away long and hadn't realized that the only room they had available was a twin room. A twin room meant two single beds.:D

No complaints from me.:rotfl:

10 out of 10 for effort though.:T
  • I take it from ...
    Judi wrote: »
    No complaints from me.:rotfl:

It did not work out, then. But did he get a refund?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,148 Community Admin
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Yes all worked out well in the end and no he didn't get a refund.... didn't ask for one, it was his mistake.:)

At that point in time I was quite happy with single beds.:D
  • Bet he had a lucky escape if you couldn't begin to wonder what that has to do with the OP getting or not getting a refund. :):)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.