Parking charge

Hello,

I have just parked on my local leisure park (pizzahut, Vue cinema, Franky and Bennys etc) to use my health club. I came out to discover a ticket on my window. It says i was parked "out of a marked bay" and says i have to pay £60! within 10 days or the charge will go up by £3 everyday !
I looked around and realised they had put new signs up and it did appear i was now parked in a zone i shouldnt be in.
The thing is £60 within 10 days ! I havent got £60 just like that ! I have a mortgage to pay and responsibilities and my money is all budgeted out. I am not in a position where i can just pull £60 out of thin air.

1. Arent these tickets supposed to be £30 if you pay within 14 days or £60 if you pay within 28 days ? This one, issued by UK P.A.O Ltd just says £60 within 10 days full stop.

2. Can i contact someone and tell them i cannot pay this all right now and will have to pay it off bit by bit ? If i go to court and tell them this will it go down as a bad mark on my credit history ?? £60 within 10 days is ridiculous. How do they expect people to pay these charges??

any advice appreciated

Replies

• CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to MoneySavingExpert.com! :D

Try our forum search, click here and it'll search for parking fine. To search for other topics, click search in the green bar above. Also take a look at the Motoring A-Z in (link in my signature) :)

It looks however that yours is a private company so it's not subject to the same rules/regulations as the council/police fines. Have a look at this thread: Private Parking Fines :beer:
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• dnc1781dnc1781 Forumite
    184 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/directories/url_dir.htm

see Category 6 : Miscellaneous, Uncategorised
    then
    scroll down to "Parking........."
  • Hi,

I hope this is of use to anyone given a parking charge notice by PAO Ltd.

I visited my local Leisure Complex in Leeds to go for dinner last night. I returned to my car to find I'd been left a Parking Charge notice by PAO Ltd.

I had been charged for parking in a Disabled Bay without displaying my badge - however my badge had fallen off the dashboard & couldn't be seen by the officer.

I immediately went to the Security Office to ask if they issued the tickets. They didn't. So, this morning I typed a letter (without my address noted) appealling their charge & hand delivered it to their office, requesting a signature on reciept.

I explained the situation, showing my receipt from my dinner to prove my story & they called security at the complex to verify what I'd said regarding my visit to the Secutiry Office & security verified everything & said it was ok to cancel the charge.

They did so & for my piece of mind noted on my letter that the charge was cancelled.

Although there seems to be an awful amount of bad press about this company, it seems that dealing with them in person may be the best route.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
  • I hope this helps. Good luck!

I doubt it - this thread is three and a half years old!
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • Strider590Strider590 Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iolanthe07 wrote: »

I doubt it - this thread is three and a half years old!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • pstuartpstuart Forumite
    668 Posts
    pachooma wrote: »
    Hi,

I hope this is of use to anyone given a parking charge notice by PAO Ltd.

I visited my local Leisure Complex in Leeds to go for dinner last night. I returned to my car to find I'd been left a Parking Charge notice by PAO Ltd.

I had been charged for parking in a Disabled Bay without displaying my badge - however my badge had fallen off the dashboard & couldn't be seen by the officer.

I immediately went to the Security Office to ask if they issued the tickets. They didn't. So, this morning I typed a letter (without my address noted) appealling their charge & hand delivered it to their office, requesting a signature on reciept.

I explained the situation, showing my receipt from my dinner to prove my story & they called security at the complex to verify what I'd said regarding my visit to the Secutiry Office & security verified everything & said it was ok to cancel the charge.

They did so & for my piece of mind noted on my letter that the charge was cancelled.

Although there seems to be an awful amount of bad press about this company, it seems that dealing with them in person may be the best route.

Yeah right!
  • CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    pachooma wrote: »

This isn't what we've found to be the best way of addressing PPCs and their legally questionable 'fines'. Funnily enough despite threatening court action, none of the companies in this thread have actually taken court action.

It's almost as if they know they have no chance of success and instead rely on intimidating victims into paying through illegal threats.

I've closed this thread since it's over three years old but feel free to start a new thread on the Parking board if you have further praise for this particular PPC :)
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News