where to buy goods wholesale to resell?

Options
hi i was wondering if any of you could help. i want to try and work from home so that i can try and fit it in with looking after 2 small kids.

have done reasonably well selling our unwanted stuff on ebay,

so im thinking about buying wholesale and then reselling on ebay? not sure where to get the stuff in the first place though!!!!:confused:

as far as what to sell im open to suggestions, i have got a bit of space for storage so thats not a problem. cant afford a huge initial outlay though.i was thinking either something to do with kids.... stuff for birthday parties? clothes maybe or craft stuff as im quite into that.

it all sounds a bit woolly i know!:o

any ideas greatly appreciated
Word for 2023 …PROACTIVE 🧡 2023 -decluttering campaign 1020/2023 ⭐️⭐️Saving towards paying off car in November…£720/£1500 🚗

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This question is asked several times a month on the ebay board. Unfortunately there is no real answer, anything that is easy enough to find will already be on ebay and getting into serious competition straight from the off is not a good way to make money.

The only suggestion that comes up a lot is to find a niche market, something you have an interest in and can track down suppliers personally.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • plattinum
    plattinum Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    You do find that a lot of whoesalers sell on ebay, so it's difficult to compete with their prices. Maybe try and make something to sell, or buy job lots split them up and then resell?
  • justpaper
    justpaper Posts: 856 Forumite
    Options
    at the end of the day its all down to product knowledge,.. you not going to buy some thing u dont know nothing about,.

look at the products u can sell and then find the wholesaler's,.. simple process,.

of course you'll need to have a spare 500 - 1000 quids,

proper wholesalers have min orders,. if some so called wholesaler dont have a min spend,. then its more then likely not much of a wholesaler
  • Alison_B
    Alison_B Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sent you a PM.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    This question is asked several times a month on the ebay board. Unfortunately there is no real answer, anything that is easy enough to find will already be on ebay and getting into serious competition straight from the off is not a good way to make money.

The only suggestion that comes up a lot is to find a niche market, something you have an interest in and can track down suppliers personally.

Totally agree with this. there are a lot of naive people have got seriously burnt on ebay.
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seeing as I am not in the business anymore, I am happy to spill my guts Pm me and tell you all the wholesalers I used. As a bonus it would annoy my ex big time.

Dont be put off by minimum spends, IME its usually between £75 & 500 per visit, but if you build up a good relationship, they waive it.

Edit: finding them is the easy part, working out which lines will shift quickly is the hard part.
  • wannabedebtfree_2
    Options
    If its clothes your interested in then places like gemsdiscount (I think its called) and other catalogue clearance places are on the internet and deliver nationally, but like someone has already said its selling the stuff once you have it, you dont want to be stuck with piles that won't sell.

Good luck though!
    I believe that I have the strength to make my dreams come true
    :T September Challenge £5 per day - £0/£150 :T
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    spam reported, please do not post further.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure