We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How much wool do I need?

Hi everyone

I've decided to get a bit crafty and attempt to knit a cushion for my sister as a christmas present. I've come up with a fairisle design to use and now I just need to get the wool. I know that it's really important to get all the wool for a project at the same time to avoid minute differences in dye batches, but I'm not sure how much to get since I'm not following a specific pattern. So, does anyone know how to calculate how much wool I will need to knit 2 40cm x 40cm squares? I will be using double knitting wool and no 8 (I think) needles.

Thanks

K
x

Comments

  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Are you on the ravelry forum, if so you could do a pattern search for cushions. You will be able to filter for free patterns and hopefully this will help with quantities
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.