Manchester Palace

Its my daughters birthday later on this month and she has asked if i will pay for her and some of her friends to go to see Wicked at the Palace in Manchester.

Looking at the prices the tickets start at £20 each but are at the back.
Does anyone know how big the Palace in Manchster is, will these seats be ok
Thanks

Comments

• I've been to the Palace many times, but always had stall seats. However many friends have had the tickets at £20 and always enjoyed the shows, sometimes there is a restricted view on the cheaper seats, but it should tell you this when you book!

Wicked is excellent so I am sure your daughter and her friends will love it!
  • Bigwigg
    Bigwigg Posts: 138
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I've just been to see Wicked last week at the Palace and we were in the Grand Circle, right at the top at the back! The seats were okay but I think you would enjoy the show more if you were in the stalls or the Circle, you can see the overall show okay and obviously hear all the music but you're just very far away from the stage.
    Be warned also, the seating is very steep and it was very hot up there. One lady fainted during the interval and one lady fell down the steep stairs. I guess you get what you pay for but if you could stretch to it, I really would go for the more expensive seats.
  • Gleeful
    Gleeful Posts: 1,979 Forumite
    Bigwigg wrote: »
    I've just been to see Wicked last week at the Palace and we were in the Grand Circle, right at the top at the back! The seats were okay but I think you would enjoy the show more if you were in the stalls or the Circle, you can see the overall show okay and obviously hear all the music but you're just very far away from the stage.
    Be warned also, the seating is very steep and it was very hot up there. One lady fainted during the interval and one lady fell down the steep stairs. I guess you get what you pay for but if you could stretch to it, I really would go for the more expensive seats.

We were on the last row too, but obviously a different night as nobody fell down the stairs! The main issue for me was the lack of leg room. Worse than a low cost airline! I found it very uncomfortable and I'm 5 foot 8!

Totally worth it though, the view was fine, and they have binoculars if you need them. I enjoyed being able to see the whole stage as if you were in the stalls you'd see it from a different angle.

Go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport