Different bank accounts & credit cards

Hi all, I've just used the balance transfer calculator & eligibility checker to be told Lloyds wouldn't accept my application. My partner & I have good credit, never been in debt so I'm assuming it's because of who we bank with. So, we have joint accounts with Nationwide, I have a seperate account with Halifax. We want to combine 2 credit cards onto 1, 1 credit card is with Virgin & the other is with Halifax. We would just put the new card into my partners name but need to move both cards asap.Any help/advice very much appreciated.

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    When using the eligibility checker the checker does not know who you currently bank with.
    It seems unlikely that who you bank with primary reason for a likely decline.

You say you have never been in debt but then refer to 2 credit cards with balances.

Presumably the eligibility checker although done by you was in your partners name?
    Has he actually looked at copies of his credit reports recently to see what they show and check that all information on them is correct? or is he just assuming he has 'good' credit?
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • One of the questions was who you bank with? Didn't explain very well, sorry, what I meant was we've always paid our credit cards off ASAP, we've never missed a payment on any bills ever! Combining both credit cards our outstanding balance is £2000. I did do it in my partners name but as I've stated we've never missed payments so should imagine his credit rating would be good?! Thanks ��
  • One of the questions was who you bank with? Didn't explain very well, sorry, what I meant was we've always paid our credit cards off ASAP, we've never missed a payment on any bills ever! Combining both credit cards our outstanding balance is £2000. I did do it in my partners name but as I've stated we've never missed payments so should imagine his credit rating would be good?! Thanks 😁
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Where is the eligibility checker?
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure