We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Extremely Lovely Individuals Talking Excessively

1…923924926928929…996

Comments

  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    Just got it, its very bright isnt it. but I must admit, the having to scroll to the top of the screen to refresh was a pain (not tried it on the os7 yet)
    change brightness quickly by a swipe up as well
  • Yep Mildred, risk it for a biscuit store, no more 1ps for me from there. shame as its a massive store and there are lazy so loads of Dtd opps and theres 1ps because it's soooooo quiet in there, I now send hubby in for the odd Dtd but that's it
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,084
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    zippydooda wrote: »
    quick swipe down, and you don't have to go to top of screen
    Zippy, if you were not male, and unatractive to me, I would marry you :p
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Thanks FC

    That's a big help. I can read the folder names now

    although reading the article there are other annoyances I hadn't discovered yet. I hate hate hate how we close apps now. I used to double tap home and hold down an icon so that all open apps shook and the red crosses appeared. I could then close them all just by repeatedly tapping the red cross on the first icon (as they closed the icons shuffled to the left)

    Now I have to swipe each one up which takes (ok just a little) longer! But why replace it with a slower method at all? :mad:
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    I think logs are best keep for a while to season - dry out before burning ???
    2 years is recommended, but they have no burner. is why i asked.
  • Morgy9
    Morgy9 Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    Was it not daffs?

    :rotfl: - at the end he picks daffs but definitely tree foliage in jeans .....

    shall be showing DS tomorrow and all talk of bushes banned :) Omg - he's only been at secondary school for 3 weeks - 2 sharp for his own good that one.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,084
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    aau1 wrote: »
    Thanks FC

    That's a big help. I can read the folder names now

    although reading the article there are other annoyances I hadn't discovered yet. I hate hate hate how we close apps now. I used to double tap home and hold down an icon so that all open apps shook and the red crosses appeared. I could then close them all just by repeatedly tapping the red cross on the first icon (as they closed the icons shuffled to the left)

    Now I have to swipe each one up which takes (ok just a little) longer! But why replace it with a slower method at all? :mad:

    same here with closing apps :( that's what prompted my search in the first place :D My iPad is over 18 months old now and is VERY well used. I think the battery isn't holding it's charge as well as it used to so I try not to have lots of apps running in the background.

    I think the constant change is just a bid to stay 'fresh'. When you run out of things that DO need improving, change some things that don't :D:rotfl:
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    zippydooda wrote: »
    i hated it at 1st, but don't go back. our forum search is so much better. also the compass app is great. if your a true mathematician you will find the spirit level and compass useful.
    i panicked at 1st as i could not find my apps. they were hidden on the 3rd page.

    There are definitely new things that I like but some "improvements" they could have done without

    Things that ain't broke don't need fixed ;)

    At least I can read a bit better now
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,084
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    la la la quiet!!!!
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.