IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Motorway Services

blisteringblue
blisteringblue Posts: 1,140 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 6 September 2013 at 2:34PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Just got PCN within the correct time frame, wife's car but in my name so it came to me as Registered Keeper.

a little overstay (spending good money in services I might add but I digress)

Do I just full on appeal it to Parking Eye using this template (letter no. 1) here http://www.thebridesmother.co.uk/mother-bride-outfits/Parking-thingy.htm

Or do I just reply on their online appeal giving my Wife's name for now to reset the clock before we do the full appeal?

Services is not a massive drive away so going to take some photos over the weekend re signage etc

They have been quick with the 1st ANPR letter so still a bit of time.

Cheers

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I am at work - but simply search the parking forum for the acronym MSA and you will read all the Motorway Service Area threads on this board, and what letters people used in response and to beat the scammers at POPLA!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks, I've been reading all morning but torn between a soft or hard 1st appeal with Parking "!!!!!! Turpin" Eye.

Thinking about some sort of middle ground at the moment, similar to the Muffin the Mule thread.
  • Coupon-mad
    Thanks, I've been reading all morning but torn between a soft or hard 1st appeal with Parking "!!!!!! Turpin" Eye.

Thinking about some sort of middle ground at the moment, similar to the Muffin the Mule thread.

Nice, that was one of the dozen or so MSA threads I had in mind! :)
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I suggest that you go for a 'Muffin the Mule' type appeal to the PPC in your own name and in your own words. I'm personally in favour of a fairly robust appeal.

Include in your appeal the point about maintenance and calibration of APNR equipment as required by BPA CoP, and also Coupon-mad's point about signs on MSAs not complying with the traffic order (sorry I don't have the reference to hand at the moment).

Also remember that the 2 hours free parking relates to PARKING. Not checking tyre pressures, filling up and paying for fuel, or driving around the car park looking for a parking space.

Good luck, and do let us know the eventual outcome.

Daisy
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Thanks for the tips but I've managed to sort it via the good old telephone !!

I chanced my arm sending an e-mail to the general enquiries email address of the Service Area Company. Lo and behold (maybe it's hot on their customer services list) I get an email back from an Operations Manager asking me to contact them.

Have done just that and just about to email him a copy of the PCN so he will get it cancelled ASAP. We had the receipt for our spend there.

Gave us the speil about they need the system to prevent abuse but for genuine customers he is happy to help.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done, that's great news! Which MSA was it?

Daisy
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Eurogarages so not a massive chain luckily I guess
  • Coupon-mad
    Thanks for the tips but I've managed to sort it via the good old telephone !!

I chanced my arm sending an e-mail to the general enquiries email address of the Service Area Company. Lo and behold (maybe it's hot on their customer services list) I get an email back from an Operations Manager asking me to contact them.

Have done just that and just about to email him a copy of the PCN so he will get it cancelled ASAP. We had the receipt for our spend there.

Gave us the speil about they need the system to prevent abuse but for genuine customers he is happy to help.

Well done! I do like to hear about complaints like that! :D:D

Your thread now joins the Hall of Fame links I am collating, showing successful complaints to the landowner/retailer 'hands that feed' the PPC parasites:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62837690

All of those cases have been added there in about 5 weeks only so complaining is always worthwhile. Even if the landowner/retailer doesn't cancel a charge, the motorist loses nothing - and still has POPLA as Plan B - and at least a complaint will have been recorded against their parking agent (and if they gets lots of complaints...well the PPC could just be kicked out!).

:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure