capital one classics extra: load-free oversea spending?

Load-free overseas spending. When you spend abroad on this card, there's no load added to the transaction (most cards charge around 3%). However, there's still a charge for withdrawing cash abroad, plus interest of 34.9% APR until the balance is paid off in full.

---

so what does this actually mean? I used this card and got charged a non-sterling transaction fee. How is that different to 'load'?

Comments

• zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    yz324 wrote: »
    Load-free overseas spending. When you spend abroad on this card, there's no load added to the transaction (most cards charge around 3%). However, there's still a charge for withdrawing cash abroad, plus interest of 34.9% APR until the balance is paid off in full.

---

so what does this actually mean? I used this card and got charged a non-sterling transaction fee. How is that different to 'load'?

did you withdraw cash? if not then complain.
  • yz324
    yz324 Posts: 74 Forumite
    zerog wrote: »
    did you withdraw cash? if not then complain.

no, i did not. On my card statement, it says oversee spending 2.75%. so why does MSE advertise it as load-free?
  • Maestro.
    Maestro. Posts: 1,518 Forumite
    I'm not sure if it's always been load free. I'm pretty sure the Aspire World card was once a regular card and then became load free, and is only load free for new customers. Maybe this has happened to you?
    Oh, you wee bazza!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport