Wrag to Support group

Hi,

A few questions, first I have been moved to the support group woohoooo:j so do we get a back payment and secondly, do I have to still go to them meetings?

Comments

• epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    You go to the meetings if you want to, but don't have to go if you don't want to.

For your 1st question...more information needed.

It's like:
    I bought a new house, do I have to pay stamp duty and if so how much?
  • KK9000
    KK9000 Posts: 257 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I applied was on Ib and Is then transferred to ESA back a year and a half ago. Was taken into hospital for 3 months and missed the appointment for the medical. Benefits was stopped then when I came out of hospital it was restarted and I was just wondering if you get a backpayment from the date you fill in the ESA form ( in my case the second time?)
  • You should get a back dated payment. Did the transfer start after this years 6th April? If so there would be a weekly difference of £5.15 / week due except where you were in hospital for those 3 months. If it started prior to 5th April then there might be £5.90 per week due. That would give you an approximate idea of what you could get.
  • KK9000
    KK9000 Posts: 257 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I was taken in at the end of feb 2012 and left in may. The application was sent in may (Just after i got out of hospital). I missed my appointment because i was ill and unable to attend so our money got stopped. Got sent a new ESA50 back in feb, filled it in and went for a medical 2 weeks ago. This morning i have had a letter saying i am moving to the Support Group. HTH?
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    edited 1 September 2013 at 9:26PM
    Assuming you had a seamless transition to ESA how much was ESA paying you ?

You said ESA stopped and was restarted did they backdate it so you hadn't missed any ?

Still not enough info. How much have you been getting?

Your Support Grp arrears (if there are any - you may not be entitled to any arrears) will go back to the date of the assessment or the date of the decision, I don't think it wil be back to date of the form. Or they might go back to the date of your WRAG prognosis finishes .... it's a good question which I don't know the answer to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure