Good luck to all those starting a new school in September.

My son is starting Secondary school next week.
It's a mix of excitement and nervousness for him (and for Mum and Dad, too :o)
But I know that he'll be OK.
He has a few friends and familiar faces starting at the same time.

So to him and all the others starting a new School - Good Luck :cool::money:

Comments

• marisco_2
    marisco_2 Posts: 4,261 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2013 at 1:28PM
    I hope your son settles quickly at his new school and really enjoys it. It is a bit of an adjustment but in no time I am sure he will be fine. I work as a teacher in a junior school, and was just sat here wondering how all our old year 6s are feeling about starting their secondary schools next week, when I saw your thread.

We are back on Wednesday and our new little year 3s join us. It will be the normal mix of excitement, along side feeling nervous and a little apprehensive, kids and parents alike. I am working in year 4 this year, but will sneak out and watch all the lovely scenes of photos being taken and parents looking so proud as their kids start a whole new adventure :)
    The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own, no apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.
  • square_bear
    square_bear Posts: 3,865 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks.:)
    I'm sure he'll be ok.
    He is quite confident with strangers and does mix quite well.
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    My eldest starts grammar school on Thursday, he is quite excited, I'm trying to hide my nerves. I know he will love it though so hopefully he will settle in quickly.
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • square_bear
    My boy felt nervous at first, but says that it's not too bad now.

His favourite 'new' lesson so far, is Spanish.

How has it been for yours, so far?
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    My son loved his first 2 days last week but there were only 2 other years in school then, the whole school is back today so it will be a very different experience! He will also be having proper lessons so in a way today is more like the first day.
    He has been getting the bus there and back and hasn't missed it/got on the wrong bus/lost his bus pass so I think that is a success!
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • My youngest moved up to Big School - he's very impressed with all the new clothes he's got, and the smart blazer. (He's not ordinarily at all fussy about clothes, but School Uniform & being Smart? He is terribly proud of it all!)
    I went into the office & jittered - he strolled into school (steered by a brother ostentatiously Not In Uniform as he returned the day after) and by all accounts had a great time.

Today is the first Real Day with Everyone back & working.
  • square_bear
    Well, six weeks in and he's settled in nicely.
    Gets on well with his teachers and has made some friends.
    He says that he feels like he's part of the class now.

The other day he managed to loose his PE kit and bag, all brand new stuff in it. (Eeek)

The next day he discovered that someone in his class had taken it home by mistake (phew).

How are things with yours?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport