Family room/family friendly hotel in Newcastle

Options
stuzhunter
stuzhunter Posts: 782 Forumite
First Post
We are looking for a family room to accomodate 2 adults, a baby and a 6 year old child to stay for 2 nights in a hotel in Newcastle, near Gosforth Park for mid october. Does anybody knows a suitable hotel which offers family rooms ? We've looked at Travelodge in Newcastle but the reviews seem to be pretty poor.

Most other hotels do not seem to offer family rooms and we may need to book 2 separate rooms..:o

Comments

• Miss_J
    Miss_J Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I take it the travelodge in question is the city centre one? What about Premier? Can't check properly as I'm using my mobile but there's one listed as Gosforth/Arlington which I think is the one opposite Gosforth Park, alternatively Houston Premierinn is about 3 miles away.
  • Torialou78
    Torialou78 Posts: 1,295 Forumite
    Options
    If you took city center Surtees certainly do triple rooms they may well be able to supply a cot in the triple or you could try vermont. Both are town center though I do not tend to stay further out. The Jurys has triple rooms as well. I would avoid the city center travelodge with kids - its passable if your out for a drink and somewhere to crash but I would not want to put bairns on the dirty put ups. Rooms are not good not a clean travelodge sadly. I have used The Surtees a few times it's hidden finding the entrance but the staff and hotel are really nice, clean and not bad prices. Vermont is a little more expensive but lovely too. Depends what you are looking for x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure