Birmingham public transport question.

Hi, we are staying at the Ramada Sutton Coldfield and hoping to take public transport into Birmingham on one of the days.

Please does anyone know if there is a combined bus & train 1 day ticket which would hopefully be ideal.

If not, what would be the best way to do it please?

Thanks

Comments

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 59 Forumite
    Wouldn't bother combining the bus and train. Walk to Chester Rd Station and get the train to new street. The walk is about a mile but no bus routes that way AFAIK. Maybe get a taxi Star Cars and Yenton Cars are both ok :)
  • I'm not sure if there is a combined ticket, hotel is on the 115 route I think though I'd tend to use the train as sugested by poster above.

http://www.transportdirect.info

May be of use.
  • stuzhunter
    stuzhunter Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Post
    yeah.. just take the train to any Birmingham stations, then evrything is pretty much within easy walking distance but if you prefer to buy a combined train/bus ticket.. you can buy a n-Network day tripper and this will allow yout to travel by train, bus & metro tram services unlimited in the West Midlands region: http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/tickets-prices/day-tickets/n-network-daytripper/
  • keithdc
    keithdc Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Personally... I'd go with the bus option!

115 straight in to town.
    On the way back if you don't want a 115, there are lots of buses that go to Wylde Green or Walmley, and then its a nice walk down (!!) the hill.
  • georgiac
    georgiac Posts: 1,183 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks all, just returned.

The bus was amazing value (compared to our local service) at £3.80 for a day pass.

Unfortunately it stopped running after 7pm and as keithdc pointed out it was a good 20 minute walk - downhill - back to the hotel after a night out.

Thanks for all the advice, gc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport