Spam to my unique MSE email address

Options
2»

Comments

• flagpole
    flagpole Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Ian thank you for your response.

This is my spammer to reply ....name ........ @carrer-trade.com, had three spam emails asking for my CV as they have job offers for me regarding my dream job

The return path of sender was a gmail address.

I have Trend Titanium installed on all my computers. The IP address of te sender was from a proxy server.

I passed the emails over to my ISP, and then set up a few more blocking rules on my Borderscout account.

My password has been changed, oh I am supposed to have sent the emails to myself...if i read the recipient address and the sender address...I had to go into the source and headers of the email to get the details required apart from the reply to address.

Hope this might help MSE.
    In respect of your password:

Th advice would be to change the password anywhere that you use it.
  • Battleaxe44
    Options
    flagpole. Passwords have been changed everywhere and different passwords on for each bank, MSE, Sewing Group, etc...have problems now remembing which password for what....

Trend also alerts me if anything is trying to hack in when I am on line....

I've been around computers since well let's just say a very long time and know most of security problems and issues and how to prevent them. This is why I was surprised that I got the spam email and tracing it back to it's origin.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure