Comments

• shazrazmataz
    shazrazmataz Posts: 1,165 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    What exactly is Rescue Remedy ?
    Shaz xx
    Living & lovin' life 'down under'.
    There Comes A Point In Your Life When You Realise Who Matters, And Who Never Did, And Who Always Will. So Don't Worry About People In The Past There's A Reason Why They Didn't Make It Into Your Future............
  • sparky61
    sparky61 Posts: 10,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What exactly is Rescue Remedy ?

It's a herbal remedy. It says on the box to comfort and reassure. It's supposed to be very good at stressful times. A friend recommended it to me last year.
    I get travel sick especially on boats, and last year I went to Cyprus and went on a 2 hour boat trip and I was fine. you can add the 4 drops to water and sip it but I find it easier to put the drops straight on the tongue. It's quite a strong taste, but not nasty.
    The full name is Bach Rescue Remedy 20ml bottle.

Hope this helps :):):)
  • Eileen_Breading_2
    Options
    Debs.
    I so know what you mean I am now 47 and still being sick, car, bus, coach, boat, plane the only thing I could travel on was a train but now adays I never get on a train only have to be traveling for about 20min to 1/2 an hour, but I love to travel so it is very restricting the only thing that I have found that really works well is if you are on a cruise they can give you injections or when in the carribean the usa tablets seem more stronger?
    Wish there was a mircle cure really spoils your hols, I worry about getting away then when I am away I worry about how I am going to get home again.
    Happy Holidays. :-/ ;)
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can you drive after taking Rescue Remedy (does it make you drowsy?)
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • sparky61
    sparky61 Posts: 10,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, you can, it doesn't make you drowsy at all.

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1010243

Hope this helps :):)
  • nuttytart_2
    nuttytart_2 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    To prevent travel sickness, stick a strip of plaster just behind the lower part of each ear.

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick, but do you mean stick the plaster on the actual ear lobe, or on the head behind the ear lobe??
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry if I'm being a bit thick, but do you mean stick the plaster on the actual ear lobe, or on the head behind the ear lobe??
    On the head behind the ear lobe. I usually start a little bit lower than half-way down the ear, on the bony bit, and have a little bit peeking out behind my earlobe. And it seems to work.

I have also tied a headscarf very tightly over my ears and this also seems to work.

Sorry for delay in responding - notify of replies didn't seem to work!!!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • heleen
    heleen Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    Travel bands (acupressure) avilable at Boots work miracles!!
    I love it when a plan comes together :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport