We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Diet time

Options
2»

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    kacie wrote: »
    Check out the Health and fitness section, they'll help you sort a plan out :)

What do you normally eat?

I normally have either bran flakes or wholemeal toast with peanut butter - for breakfast

Lunch - typically a ham sandwich and bag of low fat crisps

Dinner - pasta, or whatever my wife is cooking
  • room512
    room512 Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    I am a bloke - so prefer not to buy Bella - and I don't see myself wearing lycra and going to slimming meetings....

Think that's a little stereotypical. Lots of men go to Slimming World (well they did at the meeting we used to go to!). You could always attend one meeting, get all the info and then do it on your own. Or you can do it with an online version. Or you can just eat less and exercise more!

Sorry your post got my back up - thought your reply was mean to elaine373 as she was trying to help.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    room512 wrote: »
    Think that's a little stereotypical. Lots of men go to Slimming World (well they did at the meeting we used to go to!). You could always attend one meeting, get all the info and then do it on your own. Or you can do it with an online version. Or you can just eat less and exercise more!

Sorry your post got my back up - thought your reply was mean to elaine373 as she was trying to help.

I apologise to both of you - I just meant that I am a bloke - so couldn't see myself attending slimming meetings .....
  • kacie
    kacie Posts: 901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    To me your diet seems rather carb heavy, with little fruit and vegetables. Can you record what you eat to see what exactly it is you are eating?

myfitnesspal is good for that, it'll also tell you how much you should be eating to reduce your weight
  • eandjsmum
    eandjsmum Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Not sure if this will help I got two free kindle books this week , they are called How To Stick at A Diet: The Ultimate Guide to " Hacking" Your Brain by Derek Doepler and

Trick Yourself Skinny: Eat Less, Feel Fuller Faster and Have greater Willpower by Clarence Oliver

Sorry cant't post the links I'm useless at that.

Ive also been watching the two BBC2 programmes on Thursday Nights called The men who Made us Fat and The Men Who Made Us Thin. Food for thought there.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    I am a bloke - so prefer not to buy Bella - and I don't see myself wearing lycra and going to slimming meetings....

The 5:2 or a low carb way of eating (or a combination) might be good for you - relatively easy to do and both can be a way of life rather than a short-term fix.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4115289
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Portion control rather than omit foods from your diet or go on fad diets.

I did Weight Watchers last year (sourcing all the info I needed from on line rather than join). You can eat/drink what you want as long as you stick to your daily points allowance. There are no sins, no bad foods, no go withouts (if you really want chocolate or wine etc.) just good sensible eating and choosing foods that fill you. I lost 4 stone in about six months and have maintained the weight since.

By using the WW's method I was never hungry and found it to be the best diet I had tried, really easy to do and to convert normal recipe's into points.

Even if you do not do something like WW's have a look at what points you are allowed and what each piece of food/ meal is in points and you will be shocked :eek: to find what you think is a small portion but in actual fact it is not.
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As this thread has moved off the topic of Old Style recipes and has dropped down the board I've moved it over to the health and beauty board where you should get more advice.

Pink
  • JuliaBussey
    Options
    I'm also in diet and I would recommend to you to eat vegetable salad for lunch and dinner. And for breakfast I just eat carrots and yogurts. Also do some aerobic routines to burn some fats.
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I'm also in diet and I would recommend to you to eat vegetable salad for lunch and dinner. And for breakfast I just eat carrots and yogurts. Also do some aerobic routines to burn some fats.

So where is your balanced diet - protein and carbs? A quick fix leads to more weight gain later!
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport