Diet time

Options
I need to lose 2 stones .......

Can someone please post some recipe ideas that are low fat and healthy ?

Comments

• kacie
    kacie Posts: 901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Check out the Health and fitness section, they'll help you sort a plan out :)

What do you normally eat?
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't really think these any need to look at receipes, you just end up spending money on food you don't fancy. ;)

Whatever you like from fruit, veg and salad, with fish and lean meat with rice. Rather than sausage, bacon, chocolate and cake :D

Best of luck
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,062 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Linda32 wrote: »
    I don't really think these any need to look at receipes, you just end up spending money on food you don't fancy. ;)

Whatever you like from fruit, veg and salad, with fish and lean meat with rice. Rather than sausage, bacon, chocolate and cake :D

Best of luck

And move more!!

:eek:
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Smaller portions. I've lost 2st this year (and I'm only half way there :() and its mainly been through eating smaller amounts. And, naughty that I am, if I have too much treats, I miss a meal :o

I use "myfitnesspal.com" to log all my eats and activities. Really helps me see where the excess cals are going.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,674 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do Slimming World. If you go to their website or buy a magazine it'll give you a sample 7 day menu. BUT, like Linda said, the basis of Slimming World is lean meat, carbs cooked plain (no butter/oil etc) and plenty of fruit and veg. Have a small amount of fibre (wholemeal bread 1 slice a day) and calcium (half a pint of SS milk or small amount of cheese) and strictly limit the obvious 'naughties' like sugar, alcohol, fatty and floury things to treat status. It's helped me to have SW as a focus but common sense really and healthy with it!

Good Luck.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does Skimmed Milk really make that much difference over SS milk ?
    I do drink quite a lot of milk (and in tea) - but prefer the taste of SS over Skimmed
    I know the figures ie) skimmed is less than 0.3% fat as against SS 1.5% but both are low so is it worth it ?
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Does Skimmed Milk really make that much difference over SS milk ?
    I do drink quite a lot of milk (and in tea) - but prefer the taste of SS over Skimmed
    I know the figures ie) skimmed is less than 0.3% fat as against SS 1.5% but both are low so is it worth it ?

I've lost 2 stone since feb, doing lower carbs and lean meats. I only drink whole milk, i can't stand any other milk. i only have 2 cups of tea a day and i have it in my porridge and it's done me no harm so your doing better than me :) Full fat milk is suppose to be best if your doing strength training as it helps you recover quicker. Remember your body does need some healthy fats, peanut butter and avocado are also good for this.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just lost a stone to try and improve my blood sugar levels (it worked) by cutting out eating bread, halving the cereal portion and orange juice for breakfast, having a homemade fruit salad for lunch , smaller portion dinners and some sugar free jelly for a dessert. No snacking at all... it worked for me. I'd allow myself a slice of toast at the weekend and grilled bacon, sausage and egg breakfast on Saturdays so I had something to look forward to.
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • elaine373
    elaine373 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Slimming world has a voucher in Bella magazine, which allows you to join for free. You still have to pay the fiver,weekly meeting fee though. I rejoined last night and got a free magazine as well. Now I have to work out how to follow the slimming world diet, as cheaply as possible. ( Aldi and fruit comes to mind)
    “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. Your really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” Lucille Ball.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    elaine373 wrote: »
    Slimming world has a voucher in Bella magazine, which allows you to join for free. You still have to pay the fiver,weekly meeting fee though. I rejoined last night and got a free magazine as well. Now I have to work out how to follow the slimming world diet, as cheaply as possible. ( Aldi and fruit comes to mind)

I am a bloke - so prefer not to buy Bella - and I don't see myself wearing lycra and going to slimming meetings....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure