Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

edited 6 March 2014 at 8:31AM in Freebies (no spend required)
6.2K replies 1.1M views

Replies

• lesleyblesleyb Forumite
    129 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Is it really so hard to work out how to fold and tape up a medium sized box? The one I received today had the shorter end flaps on the outside (both top & bottom) meaning the sender has to use loads of tape to hold it together instead of just one stripe down the middle if done properly!

Lol someone is about to get a DVD box that I have folded incorrectly! Once stuck I couldnt unstick it so had to use tape.
    Been doing the survey for years and first mistake, obviously cant watch TV and fold a box at the same time.:rotfl:
    Apologies if it goes to someone on this forum:)
  • Eliza_2Eliza_2 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    lesleyb wrote: »
    Lol someone is about to get a DVD box that I have folded incorrectly! Once stuck I couldnt unstick it so had to use tape.
    Been doing the survey for years and first mistake, obviously cant watch TV and fold a box at the same time.:rotfl:
    Apologies if it goes to someone on this forum:)

It hardly matters, fold it whichever way you like. Sometimes I fold the boxes/cubes differently, just depends how I feel, sometimes use tape, sometimes not. Sometimes I even stick the Rnumber sticker on upside down on the paper, just for a change. Such a rebel!

....but I do not, not ever, never, write the postbox and time on the outside of envelopes, however anarchic I'm feeling! Please people don't do it, I don't mind being thrown off for rebellious behaviour but not because I've been outed by another poster. Another one this week.
  • lesleyblesleyb Forumite
    129 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Eliza wrote: »
    It hardly matters, fold it whichever way you like. Sometimes I fold the boxes/cubes differently, just depends how I feel, sometimes use tape, sometimes not. Sometimes I even stick the Rnumber sticker on upside down on the paper, just for a change. Such a rebel!

....but I do not, not ever, never, write the postbox and time on the outside of envelopes, however anarchic I'm feeling! Please people don't do it, I don't mind being thrown off for rebellious behaviour but not because I've been outed by another poster. Another one this week.

Its nice to be a rebel sometimes :D No, I cant understand why people write the posting info on the envelope:mad:. I prepare mine and then put them with the paper posting schedule. So easy to do and no extra work involved, at the end of the week posting schedule is shredded. :)
  • NBLondonNBLondon Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBLondon wrote: »
    And the plot thickens... On Saturday, I got an envelope with 4x1st large and 12x1st and a letter telling me this is my August incentive. Well - very nice but I haven't got anything to post yet... Checked online this morning and nothing in the posting plan this week or next - but they would like one of the SMARTS back. Would I complain if they keep sending me the stamps for doing nothing :)
    Back from a few days off and things have caught up. I got a phone call from TNS telling me I had passed the training so I pointed out that I knew that from the web but hadn't got a posting pack yet... "Oh! er... it should be there soon." It was, the postman delivered it about 45 minutes later... 4 items including a cube, July incentive stamps and my Presentation Pack - StarWars :j

Also got an incoming cube this week - with £3.40 written in the corner and 4 1st Large stamps plus another 1st below it. Not only could the sender not be bothered to go to the PO and do the job properly but they can't work out that 4x 98p plus 65p is £4.57 :huh:
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    26.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When that happened to me I let TNS know, as it wasn't possible to log the item properly. They asked me to send a photo to show the stamps instead of the APL label - it was lots of first class stamps, they'd not even bothered with large letter ones. I hope TNS had words to tell them to do it properly.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • NBLondonNBLondon Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I logged it using the "Other" option and sent an e-mail to explain. I have kept the stamps as well.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • jpwhittlejpwhittle Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    i received three random smarts today that weren't in anything i had to log, does this mean I am out of my training period?
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed :beer:
  • aninymooseaninymoose Forumite
    154 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Back on training this week. Received two letters today, large brown and medium brown. Entering received items medium brown had the cardboard smart in. Large brown did not have one, entered didn't have one and got the question are you sure? Should have one. Yes I am sure! Probably get email asking if I am really, really sure.
  • dobbiesloandobbiesloan Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like even the people in head office are having trouble securing articles that they send. Today I had a small brown jiffy bag that some clown thought it would be a good idea to put a staple through the top to keep it closed. It had a 2nd Royal Mail sticker on it.
    I pulled it apart at the top as normal, put my hand in to get the contents out only to rip my hand on the staple. Well done TNS.
    GONE ENGLAND
  • trix-a-belletrix-a-belle Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    jpwhittle wrote: »
    i received three random smarts today that weren't in anything i had to log, does this mean I am out of my training period?

yes that is smarts for your stock that you will be asked to put in your first items being sent out, the stock will then be replenished by smarts coming in from other panelists.

Anyone finding the dvd boxes when sent out for preparation are thicker than they were? this time they won't fit through my letter box & i've had to go down to the sorting office to pick up those posting packs nearly every time on this round (only once have they left it with a neighbour), they seem to be fine to fit through the door in the most part once prepared though.
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides