Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps. - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

edited 6 March 2014 at 8:31AM in Freebies (no spend required)
6.2K replies 1.1M views
12467625

Replies

  • KirriKirri Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just finished my 3rd lot of training - see they are sending out a guide this time! Are they getting more organised?!
  • Hello!

    New to MSE, frequent visitor, first time poster!

    Just received my first actual Survey pack, after training. However, I have a query RE: SMARTS. They come in a plastic wrapper, and after reading the manual / guide thoroughly, I still have a question - do I take them out the plastic when putting them into the relevant envelope, or do I leave them in the plastic? Such a simple thing, yet I don't know the answer!

    Also, the stamps I received are brilliant. I am by no means a collector, however these are truly spectacular!

    Thanks!
  • LockyLocky Forumite
    991 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    tbrown.eu wrote: »
    However, I have a query RE: SMARTS. They come in a plastic wrapper, and after reading the manual / guide thoroughly, I still have a question - do I take them out the plastic when putting them into the relevant envelope, or do I leave them in the plastic? Such a simple thing, yet I don't know the answer!

    Leave them in the wrapper! :cool: It helps to protect them in their journeys around the country!
  • LEJCLEJC Forumite
    9.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    tbrown.eu wrote: »
    Hello!



    do I take them out the plastic when putting them into the relevant envelope, or do I leave them in the plastic? Such a simple thing, yet I don't know the answer!



    Thanks!


    leave the smarts exactly as they are....just pop them in with your postings when required
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

    2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • LEJC wrote: »
    leave the smarts exactly as they are....just pop them in with your postings when required
    Locky wrote: »
    Leave them in the wrapper! :cool: It helps to protect them in their journeys around the country!

    Thank you for the speedy response! I shall leave them in the wrappers and get them sent on their way as per the schedule!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • GetRealBabeGetRealBabe Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    The website was down when I tried to log in earlier this morning but seems to be running okay now.

    Hi

    Took me ages to log my sent items-received a couple of error messages. A bit better now when I did the Correctly Delivered and Unaddressed Mail surveys.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

  • zoescrimszoescrims Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

    Im new to all this and after a year or so of waiting i've finally received my first pack!!

    In my pack i have two unaddressed envelopes with labels,some stamps for me and a guide book.
    Just a question i didn't receive a 'smart' thingy,should i have.Ive been given two dates to post the letters would a smart go in these all the time.Finally where can i find the R- number (receiver) i've looked in the guide book and all the paper work but cant see anything.

    Sorry to ramble and thanks in advance!
    Zoe
    2020 Jan: storage box,£150 pots & pans, £50 restaurant voucher,dining experience,19 tubes of Pringles Feb: £50 food giftcard,
  • KirriKirri Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    zoescrims wrote: »
    Hello,

    Im new to all this and after a year or so of waiting i've finally received my first pack!!

    In my pack i have two unaddressed envelopes with labels,some stamps for me and a guide book.
    Just a question i didn't receive a 'smart' thingy,should i have.Ive been given two dates to post the letters would a smart go in these all the time.Finally where can i find the R- number (receiver) i've looked in the guide book and all the paper work but cant see anything.

    Sorry to ramble and thanks in advance!
    Zoe

    Smarts only start once you've completed initial training (which usually involves sending 2 letters a week to a certain Mr * for a set number of weeks) so don't worry about smarts yet. They will be listed on your posting schedule once you are required to start adding them.

    The R number is on the sticky label - you won't start getting items to mark as received again till initial training is completed. (If you want to see what one looks like they are on the printed A4 sheet of labels you will send out too - one sticky label gets attached to the bit of paper inside every posted item).
  • GetRealBabeGetRealBabe Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    zoescrims wrote: »
    Hello,

    Im new to all this and after a year or so of waiting i've finally received my first pack!!

    In my pack i have two unaddressed envelopes with labels,some stamps for me and a guide book.
    Just a question i didn't receive a 'smart' thingy,should i have.Ive been given two dates to post the letters would a smart go in these all the time.Finally where can i find the R- number (receiver) i've looked in the guide book and all the paper work but cant see anything.

    Sorry to ramble and thanks in advance!
    Zoe

    Hi

    When I did my retraining, I didn't have to send any smarts with the postings.

    When you start to receive post from other panellists you'll have some smarts plus TNS sometimes send them.

    The R number will on a label on a sheet/piece of paper when you start to receive post. Something like R1234.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

  • wirewolfwirewolf Forumite
    55 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Quick question - On my paper posting schedule for next week I have 2 letters, both saying add smart. But the online schedule doesn't say this, and it won't let me add one. Presumably the online schedule is the one to follow?
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support