We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Canada Square Operations driving me mad!
habanero2013
Posts: 3 Newbie
Hi
I have been following this forum which reflected my experiences. I received a letter back in March out of the blue from Egg/Canada Square saying we mis-sold PPI we now owe you money. Fast forward to now - we had a change of address, finally got the right proof of address acknowledged about 2 weeks ago and were just waiting for the cheque, when today a letter from Canada square arrived asking us to fill in a PPI mis selling questionnaire not even referencing previous comms. So I am now composing another letter to them outlining our previous letters/communications and saying there must be some confusion with their admin dept. Before I send it just wanted some advice if any others had similar experience..? I am guessing it's a delaying tactic?:mad:
I have been following this forum which reflected my experiences. I received a letter back in March out of the blue from Egg/Canada Square saying we mis-sold PPI we now owe you money. Fast forward to now - we had a change of address, finally got the right proof of address acknowledged about 2 weeks ago and were just waiting for the cheque, when today a letter from Canada square arrived asking us to fill in a PPI mis selling questionnaire not even referencing previous comms. So I am now composing another letter to them outlining our previous letters/communications and saying there must be some confusion with their admin dept. Before I send it just wanted some advice if any others had similar experience..? I am guessing it's a delaying tactic?:mad:
0
Comments
-
I also had the PPI mis-selling questionnaire after I'd sent in one (from this site) and after they'd acknowledged my complaint, I just filled in what I'd filled in before, no more no less and sent it back without any covering letter. Their form was almost identical to the MSE template.
Not sure if it's a delaying tactic, I think they have a very peculiar multi-layered admin system. I got the cheque quite quickly afterwards.0 -
Hi Lutongirl, thanks for your response, I was wondering whether it was a delaying tactic or perhaps they need a complaint from us for auditors perhaps? So I guess I should fill in this form and send it back...0
-
hi
did you have any other loans with Egg?
i had a complaint upheld by Canada Square, a few days after receiving my cheque i received another form relating to a loan i didnt even remember having!
The form is a standard one used by the FOS and all the financial organisations so it is not a delying tactic.
In all it too 4 weeks to deal with my first complaint, i received acknowledgement of my second complaint over the weekend soo lets see how long this one takes.0 -
Hi
Thanks for your response - I had a credit card with egg initially, which then changed to a loan later on. We got a surprise cheque for mis-sold ppi back in 2010 and they wrote to us this march saying they had a mis-calculation and they owed us more funds..
I really don't know what's going on but the best I can do is fill in the form they sent and hope that someone in the admin department knows what they are doing!0 -
Fingers crossed we will both have a nice cheque in the post! :j0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards